cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when checking eligibility for porting number.

Magma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just signed up in store with the plan to switch from Koodo to Public Mobile.

I was advised I needed to sign up with a new number and when I got home I would be able to port over my original number.

When I login and go to change number and check my original number for eligibility I get an error page saying:

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

Not sure where to go from here but it's very important I can keep my previous number.

@CS_Agent

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Magma,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to better assist you with your port concern, please send us a private message.

I am waiting for your response.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Magma

I just attempted to do it again and this time it was successful. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Magma

It wasn't a prepaid plan but a monthly plan. I have messaged the moderation team when I made the original post. I have yet to receive a response.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Magma, Are you trying to port from a PREPAID Koodo plan?  If that's the case, you must get assistance from the moderator team to do it.  You can not di it yourself.

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Magma

Unfortunately I still have the exact same issue.

Thank you though.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First try using a different Internet browser. I find google chrome incognito mode works well. 

Need Help? Let's chat.