cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in APN settings sent from Public Mobile

CatalystOne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated in March 2024 and from the beginning I could not send MMS pictures due to an apparent error in the Public Mobile APN. The correct settings are as follows:

APN Name: PC Mobile

MMS proxy : mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port : 8799

Be sure to save your updated settings. In my case, the changes were immediate; I did not have to reboot/restart. I am now able to send (and receive) MMS pictures.

5 REPLIES 5

CatalystOne

Just wanted to add: APN Name: PC Mobile is just a descriptive name; you can change this to "Public Mobile" or "Go Canucks" or whatever works for you. The detail settings have to be correct.

CatalystOne

After making manual changes to my APN and saving them, the changes were immediate without need to reboot or restart my device.

CatalystOne

@fixin1 Thank you.

@Phil_Adelphus : I am in the right community. I ported to PM from Telus. I have never been on Koodo nor Bell or any of it's sub-carriers such as PC Mobile. PC Mobile has relationships with both Bell and Telus.

Both after porting, and after a CSR recent reset of my network settings, I had the following APNs:

[Koodo] - sp.koodo.com - it has incorrect settings which disallow any Data.
[PC Mobile] - sp.mb.com - it has partially incorrect settings which did allow Data but not mms.
[Telus] - sp.telus.com - it has incorrect settings which disallow any Data.

Please note the [bracketed names] are merely user-friendly descriptive names.

I did not have the [Koodo] or [PC Mobile] APNs when I was on Telus. I suspect because I have a non-standard (in Canada) Android device, Public Mobile incorrectly identified it and sent me the wrong APNs. Telus had a relationship with PC Mobile, so that may explain why the PC Mobile APN was included.

After correcting the settings, I can for now send and receive MMS pictures, so issue is happily resolved.

I have contacted CSR and asked them to forward the matter to Technical Support for their review.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@CatalystOne  This is Public Mobile  (Telus) but your post is about PC Mobile (Bell) as @fixin1 noted. Telus changed the APN for MMS back in February, here is some info including links to the correct APN for both iPhone and Android.  The change did not affect all devices, it was mainly older ones, there is a list in the FAQ of compatible models.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/picture-messaging-updates 

If the PC Mobile APN worked for you maybe you're in the wrong community, did Bell change APN settings for MMS too?

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CatalystOne - That APN seems to be PC Mobile

Follow the help article here:

1. Make sure your phone is unlocked. If it’s not, contact your previous wireless provider
  2. Check that your device is compatible on our network; for more information check out this article
  3. To access 5G network speeds, ensure you have a compatible phone, your phone’s software is up-to-date and you are connected to the Public Mobile 5G network where available.

Next, check your APN settings (Android Phones Only):

1. Open your phone’s settings and tap:
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN settings
  1. Verify the following field match:
  1. If you had to make any changes, save them, reboot your phone, and you’re good to go! Make sure to enable data in your phone settings
Need Help? Let's chat.