Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 821

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Y did my account say error code 821 when I tried to activate 
3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@1978  - if you are unsure if you activated or not and/or got charged, check with customer support (CSA).

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@1978 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  Pm might have charged you already.  

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed.  

Error 821 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

If PM didn't charge you yet, you can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@1978 

Clear your browser cache and open a new window browser in incognito.

Do you happen to know if your cc got charged. If yes put sim in phone and reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.