cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 821 and creating ticket

Briz_Marlon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim activation failed, error message 821. What it means? tried to get a ticket but instructions ended to nowhere and that with Telus rep assistance   

10 REPLIES 10

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks. 🙂

@musicollector did you just got an Error 821 during activation?  I suspect this patticular error has been taken care of, I have not seen any post about this one lately, not in the last 3 months

But.. there is a new error 837.  The good thing is that I do not think PM has charged user yet when this error comes up.

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Very disconcerting! Telus should address this issue. As a new customer, it does not reflect well on PM! It's as bad as some of the Govt. of Canada sites!

I was using my computer (not the phone). I first used Firefox, to no avail. Then, used Brave - same 821 error. 😞  So, after reading through some of these posts, I cleared the cache and enabled Private Window. Same old nonsense! And, I see no viable solution posted anywhere, except that we have to raise a ticket! Why? As if even that is an easy task!!!

Briz_Marlon

Cagent

Sending me private messages helped a lot to relay infos to PM. Activation was complete within a couple of hours and everything is going smoothly. 
Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Briz_Marlon 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Briz_Marlon

Hi 

tried again this morning giving me the same error 821

but successful in crating a ticket and submitting it so lets see.

If PM didn't take the fund, I would wait for an hour  and try on another browser to reactivate again.  Or even try with Incognito mode.  

Briz_Marlon

Getting the error 821 right after you press Activate SIM and then start checking the infos i typed like cell no, payment info. 

i checked my account and no funds were missing

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Briz_Marlon   At which step you got this 821 error?  did you do all the way to the end and submit and got this error?  

did you request porting?

Check your credit card to confirm if PM took the plan money already.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.