cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6uv1/Number not in service

connectthedots
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been using my PM number for a few months now and have been making and receiving calls with no problem. I've also received voicemails on this number in the past. However, lately my contacts are telling me that they get a message like "Error 6uv1/Number not in service" when they call. I believe this is only happening when my phone is on airplane mode or off, because I'm still receiving calls when the phone is on.

Has anyone else had this issue or can they explain it?

12 REPLIES 12

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You would have a few call forwarding settings. What are the numbers shown? (likely ending with 4001 but could be others like 4002) (and probably all the same)

Hi @connectthedots that is normal,  that is the PM voice mail number and not your own

connectthedots

thanks @hTideGnow ,

I checked this setting and there is a phone number listed, although not my normal PM number. Is this normal?

HI @connectthedots   

Go to your phone app, check the settings

More > Settings > Voicemail. If there is a phone number shown, voicemail is enabled.

connectthedots

@hTideGnow Thanks for your reply. I do have voicemail set up and I've received voicemails successfully in the past. I don't know what's changed since then.

Can you explain what you mean by "phone dialer settings"?

Hi @connectthedots   So, your friend got 6UV1 while your phone was off or unreachable.

Do you have voicemail setup yet?  It should forward to your voicemail when you are not available.   Check your phone dialer settings and find out what it shows when you are not reachable

connectthedots

One caller said that 6uv1 was the exact message. I don't know whether this is the message every time.

I usually enable airplane mode rather than turn it off. I did test it once - in airplane mode, the message was that the number is not in service; with airplane mode off, the call rang through just fine.

connectthedots

Thanks computergeek541, I'll do this.

connectthedots

Thanks for your reply. This is a new number with PM, and I don't think my contacts have the same carrier. I have also received voicemails with no problem on the number. It seems to be a more recent problem.

ucpollux

Were you ported from another carrier? Your contacts that have the error message, are they all from the same carrier? If so, maybe there is a porting/routing issue of your # from that specific carrier that it still thinks ur # is with them when in fact ur # is already with PM. 

@connectthedots wrote:

I have been using my PM number for a few months now and have been making and receiving calls with no problem. I've also received voicemails on this number in the past. However, lately my contacts are telling me that they get a message like "Error 6uv1/Number not in service" when they call. I believe this is only happening when my phone is on airplane mode or off, because I'm still receiving calls when the phone is on.

Has anyone else had this issue or can they explain it?

There isn't any possible setting in your phone, other than acciently frowarding your phone number to an invalid phone number, that could possibly cause this. This is entirely an issue with the network and routoing of the phone calls by Public Mobile.  I've had this problem before while calling other Telus customers.  It's random and problem usually goes away on its own.  In any case, the only people whould could help you would be a customer support agent. You can open a ticket at https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html , but I suspect that they will end up needing to forward your concerns to the Telus network troubleshooting department.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

airplain  mode or phone being off should not trigger taht message.  those calls woudl go to voicemail.  

i dont even think having a wrong number in your forwarding (voicemail) woudl cause that, unless things have changed.

do is the 6uv1 the exact message?  or is all ciruits are buzy?  

is this issue happening constantly?  do you often enable airplane more or turn off your phone?   can you test your theory?  call your phone from anoter number then turn on airplane mode and test  and call it agian?

Need Help? Let's chat.