cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered Old phone number during sign up, for porting, but it’s not available

Yoman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I entered an old phone number from freedom mobile but I cancelled the account years ago, and pulled the account number off of old invoice.

I phoned my old number and I see that it’s active with someone else.

i’m going to need a new phone number, but it’s already set up in my settings (my old number,) waiting to port over. 

support please 

12 REPLIES 12

Yes, the great thing about Public Mobile is you can change your number, absolutely FREE, 4 times per cycle.

You can also change plans as MUCH as you want, however be certain to do so on next renewal as there's no refunds or prorations on partially used cycles when performing immediate plan changes.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!

@Yoman  In your account profile page you can change your phone number up to 4x for free every 30 day cycle . Just refresh the page to keep going through all the available numbers to choose and pick the one you like best 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1707089983801.jpeg

Yoman

Support assigned a number quickly, and I am now able to log into the app… 

To my surprise, there’s a plan in there that’s only $40 a month with the same features minus voicemail, etc. I think, will be renewing on that too bad it wasn’t offered first.

also, I’ve asked if there’s a selection of phone numbers I might be able to pick because I really don’t like the number I got assigned,  but I’m just picky lol 

I’m really happy that an unlimited plan has come to Canada urgent affordable price even if it’s at reduce speed so I can still use messaging

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Yoman 

can you login My Account using email to receive 2FA code? click "didn't receive code" and check if Send email an option

if you can login, go to Profile page, click the pencil beside phone number you can then get a new number there.  Once you got the new number, the porting request will be cancelled

if you cannot login, then support agent can help to cancel the porting request and assign you new number, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

@Yoman  And you don’t want to pay again . Please use the link I sent you in your first reply to submit ticket with support to help give you new number then you will have code sent to it and be able to log into your account 

Gotcha.

Yup, the customer support agents may be you're only option.

I'd be curious to know, otherwise, if the system might 'assign' a temporary number if the number to be ported didn't trigger a port request.

But yes, I'd be asking support to advise and create a new number to complete setup.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Yoman

I’ve already paid and the service is working for data 

Good point @Yoman 

But if you're not past the payment page, i believe the activation processes do allow users to go back.

Just give it a try.

Yoman

I’m already passed that point I believe I don’t think I can go back and change it as it’s already been set up porting, and to gain access to the app is trying to send a text message to that number

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Yoman 

Sorry, you can only port an ACTIVE number from a service with a mobile service provider.

You can proceed with the activation, then change your number from the self-serve page.

There, you can select from offered choices.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Yoman  Get support to help get you a new number to finish confirming for full access to your account 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yoman

So I’m trying to sign into my account, but it wants to send a text message there,  so I can’t sign into the app either 

Need Help? Let's chat.