cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not transferred to new phone

NaomiManickam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had an old phone Samsung S8+ and just got a new phone Samsung A53.

My phone company Fongo, VOI, will not be providing services after July 2022.  We have a phone number for our land line for the past 35 years so I wanted to keep that number.  So I wanted my cell phone number changed from 613-413-xxx to 613-825-xxxx.

My son changed my new phone # to be  613-825-xxxx and all data was transferred to my A53 from S8+.

The only problem is that the emails were not transferred.  Can you please tell me how I could do this?  Thank you

25 REPLIES 25

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NaomiManickam

Lol....dont we all want to forget that number!!

NaomiManickam

I had to resign in to my email.  Opened it, clicked on the 3 buttons on right and clicked on one of the selections (sorry forgot which)!!!  It's my age ...

@NaomiManickam wrote:

Thx  All's well now.  Got all my email

Great @NaomiManickam ! So, what did the trick?

NaomiManickam

Thx  All's well now.  Got all my email

NaomiManickam

WOW that was very clear directions.  Thank you SO very muh

@NaomiManickam 

Just don’t click on any suspicious links on those emails.

NaomiManickam

Yes, thx removed my numbers.  I had to relogin to my gmail and now got all my emails.

NaomiManickam

Thx

Everything is well now.  I deleted the numbers from the forum.  I resigned into my gmail and I am good.  Thx for your advice and guidance, appreciated it.

NaomiManickam

Thank you

@softech 

Yes, it's a Canadian model but Samsung doesn't have to play ball whem wriiting the software code. They now even refuse to let you go furthwr into the phone's setup ny forcing you to install a SIM card just so that advertising can be installed.

When it comes to contacts, I believe that most people will save them in the Google account.

@computergeek541  Yours is a Canadian model?  I think it is a normal  behavior.  All phones we got now is "blank' carrier and will be carrier marked by the carrier (and then "free" carrier bloatware) if the carrier recognized the phone model 

I don't think it is a matter if Samsung allowing it or not, it is done like this for all phones now.  And it's more because Telus network sees a phone that has not marked a carrier yet and that is a phone they are selling (Canadian model number), so, Telus marked the phone as their and pushing down all the junks thinking it is a phone they sold (and Telus don't care if you really  got it from them or got it from Samsung directly or even other carrier)

But if yours is a US version or a different regional variants , it shouldn't have that.  I just setup 2 phones for my friends.  One is a US model S20+, it does not bring down anything PM's (US model # is different and they don't see it as a phone they sold).  Another is a  Canadian model S22 Ultra on Fido, it did came wit the Fido/Rogers app (luckily not many app, but yes, Fido bookmark, Sportsnet bookmarks as well)

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

I just used smartswitch to transfer data, apps whatever for a referral. The only thing I couldn't transfer were the phone contacts.

@computergeek541 

I am surprise phone contacts cannot be transferred, it is supposed to .

I was reading Samsung Smart Switch page, it mentioned email will not be transferred.   

I googled it a bit and can't find any app that does email transfer either.

@NaomiManickam wrote:

I had an old phone Samsung S8+ and just got a new phone Samsung A53.

Ironically, I just got a Samsung Galaxy A53 5g less than 24 hours ago too. it was very bad of Samsung to alllow Telus to install unwanted Mobile Klinik adware with no way of unisntalling it without voiding warranty.  I ended up disabling it.  Also through the carrier customization process, Public Mobile has had Samsung permanently put Public Mobile bookmarks on the phone that can't be removed.  What right does my carrier have to do that when i bought it factory unlocked and not through the carrier?  There is some good news in the way that APN, SMSC, and voicemail numbes settings were all set correctly without any need to make manual changes.

@Lux wrote:

Hello,

If there's an issue with your Email related to Public Mobile, you can contact an agent by doing the following: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Public Mobile doens't offer e-mail services.  I suspect that this issue might not be Public Mobile related or e-mail is being confused with some other type of service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I just used smartswitch to transfer data, apps whatever for a referral. The only thing I couldn't transfer were the phone contacts.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NaomiManickam   were you using Samsung Smart Switch?  Yes, that won't transfer email message

What mail app yo u were using on your old phone?

NaomiManickam

Thank you SO very much. I am so appreciative of your advise and so many others who have commented on my question.  Really appreciate it.  Will check all responses tomorrow morning!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Try the below @NaomiManickam 

How to add an email account to your Samsung mobile device
  1. 1 Open Settings.
  2. 2 Tap Accounts and back up.
  3. 3 Tap Manage accounts.
  4. 4 Tap + Add account.
  5. 5 Tap Email.
  6. 6 Choose which type of email you would like to add.
  7. 7 Enter your Email address and password, then tap Sign in.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NaomiManickam 

This is a public forum so please remove your personal numbers to avoid Spams.

Everything is stored in your SIM including numbers and emails so just place the SIM in your new phone.

Are those existing numbers in your existing SIMs?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NaomiManickam 

Ok I am trying to understand exactly what your son did when changing your cell # to your fongo #.

Did he complete the following process required by fongo to port your fongo # to pm? If so and the fongo account closed July 31st? Was that the requested date of porting? Do you have incoming calling on your cell phone now when calling the fongo #?

This is the fongo porting protocol:

Please contact your new carrier to process the request on your behalf. You will need to provide your new carrier with the following information:

1. Customer Name and Address – Obtaining your customer name and address from your Fongo account:
    1. Log into www.fongo.com or www.freephoneline.ca (depending on your service)
    2. Click “Settings”
    3. The name and address used for your Fongo account will be displayed
  2. The Fongo Phone Number you wish to port
  3. Re-seller Name: Fongo 
  4. Service Type: Landline (All VoIP service phone numbers are considered a landline)

Fongo normally takes 7 days to complete porting. If you have waited 7 days and it is not complete ask us for the telus porting department phone # to check on your porting process. More info on fongo's porting process.....

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437466-Transfer-my-Fongo-Home-Phone-number-to-another...

As far as transferring your data from one phone to another....is your email backed up to your gmail or Samsung account/cloud? How did the original data transfer occur? Did your son use smartswitch ? Make sure you back up email and you are signed into your account and try transferring again.

NaomiManickam

Thank you VERY much for alerting me ... I was not thinking.  Appreciate this SO very much.  Thanks!

Subsonic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

Emails are not stored in your cell phone number, so you will need to check with your email provider on how to retrieve the emails on your new phone

Also, it is probably not a good idea to share your phone number in a public forum.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NaomiManickam 

Can you go to the right side of your post and click the arrow thingy and edit out your phone #'s as this is a public forum and it presents a privacy and security risk for you. Please and thank you.

I will reread an reply....

Lux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

If there's an issue with your Email related to Public Mobile, you can contact an agent by doing the following: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@NaomiManickam 

you mean your old land line transferred to public mobile, but why is your issue for email.

you can log out from old device and login new device.

i think you ask about your land line not transferred yet it's take from 3 to 7 days to complete it.

Need Help? Let's chat.