cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not recognized to sign in

Patgreene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Mothers phone she has told me has not worked since December. When try to check her account says email invalid. Try to set up new account with her SIM card won’t let us do that either? When call her number says not in service. HELP. ME I’m a public mobile user as well and set this up for her. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Patgreene 

Unfortunately if your mom's phone hasn't worked since December it would have been deactivated and cancelled after 90 days without payment. If she was set up for autopay it sounds like the autopay failed (credit card expired?) If you decide to set your mom up again here is a few ways you could check to see if her account is active or suspended before 90 days passes and it is cancelled again.

1. Use your referral code so she recieves the $10 bonus referral credit and you recieve the $1 monthly reward. If your referral rewards are $1 less on the "your rewards were successfully applied" text from pm after you renew then you know your mom or one of your other referrals (if any) are suspended.
  2. Activate your mom's new account/sim card a day or two before your renewal date. Then if your mom's account is suspended your loss of reward will mean she has only lost a day or two of service.
  3. Put a calendar reminder in your phone of her renewal day. Accounts that have insufficient have their service suspended at 6am eastern ( sometimes renewals are delayed by up to 6-8 hours but not very often). Arrange a time after 6am to call her say "I love you mom." Even if you get her voicemail you will her service is active.
  4. Set up a koho account for her to use to pay for her pm account using an email alias on your email (gmail?) account and you will get a notification when autopay charges the card. As a bonus she will earn 2.5+% cash back on her pm payments. (Currently there is a $20 referral bonus for koho. Set up an account for your own pm autopay then refer her and you will both get an additional 1% cashback.) If you need a referral send me a private message and I will give you a list of community members that have koho accounts that you could private message to ask for their code. (I have no skin in the game...I just like to help others out!) BTW... it takes 5 min to set up and 5 business days to recieve your visa/debit koho card.
  5. Purchase a pm voucher for her to put on her fridge and keep a copy of the 12 digit pin # just in case. If she discovers she has no service after renewal she can easily add the pin # by dialing 611 on her phone. Then press (1) and (1) again and entering the 12 digit pin #. Her account will automatically reactivate after topping up the account with sufficient funds.
  6. Have her text or call (even a one ringer) after she recieves the two pm texts sent out at noon eastern from pm (611) telling her she has successfully recieved her rewards and renewed her plan. If she doesn't get both texts she won't have service to alert you so you will know to check on your mom's service.
  7. You can call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter her 10 digit phone number for basic account info or to make a payment with a voucher (as above #5) to ensure her service is active.

Anonymous
Not applicable

your account closed due to non payment status for over 90 days, your losing the phone number and account.

i suggest you go to any Retail store and buy it NEW SIM card is better for you, and fast way.  

Where To Buy A SIM

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click here to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

when you buy it online is take a long time,to deliver,

or buy it online or in store visit HERE , or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

your welcome *back* to Public Mobile 

Good Luck

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Patgreene wrote:

My Mothers phone she has told me has not worked since December. When try to check her account says email invalid. Try to set up new account with her SIM card won’t let us do that either? When call her number says not in service. HELP. ME I’m a public mobile user as well and set this up for her. 

Hello @Patgreene 

Sorry, but if this account closed due to nonpayment status for over 90 days, the SIM no longer works and CANNOT be used to reactivate a new plan.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Patgreene  sound to me that the account was deactivated if phone was not worked since Dec.  Did you setup Autopay? Any chance you can trace back when was the last time PM took the money from the credit card?    Or, would you mom knows how to check the SMS?   there should be some SMS from PM saying the account wasn't paid.   If so, when did she got the last SMS from PM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patgreene : When was the last time a payment was made on the account? If more than ~120 days then likely the account has become deactivated. You'll need a new SIM and new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.