cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email change

JohnDeer17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My grandma just created an account on April 10, 2024. She had an old telus.net email address that she signed up with. Because she switched to public mobile instead of telus she no longer has access to that email address. So we tried to put in her new email address as a way of changing it. Now when I try to login with her new email address it is asking to setup her account and create a whole new plan! I don't want to do this I just want to keep the old plan with a new email address for login. Someone please help me!

5 REPLIES 5

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The email address is basically only a username so you should be able to log in using the Telus.net address. She will then receive a 2FA code by text. Once you are logged into her account, you can then go to Accounts > Manage login (Eversafe…) and update her email address.

hi @JohnDeer17 if it is a recent activation, you could be one of those have sms issue, too

Message support and they can fix both issues for you

JohnDeer17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried sending the code to the phone but never got a message. Service still works. I can call her phone and text her phone and she gets both

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @JohnDeer17 so PM service is ok, but you cannot login?? 

with PM login, you can use the old email as login id and password, send the 2FA code to phone

But if you had problem login, agent can help.    Please submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437   

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JohnDeer17 

Login to her account on the PM app or website then go to:

Accounts>Manage Login (Secured by Eversafe)>click on right arrow to change email address.

IMG_0196.png

Need Help? Let's chat.