cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ESim will not Install

MagiScallion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anybody had issues with installing their e-sim?  I cannot get it to install with either the QR code or the link in the App.  I have reached out to support but they're very slow in responding so wondering if anybody else has had issues and can point me in any direction...  support did issue me a $5 credit to get a new E-sim but I cannot purchase a new E-sim until I use the current one (or so the error message says).  

I've removed my old SIM from the phone. I've turned off carrier settings. My phone is unlocked. ... 

Any hot tips?

6 REPLIES 6

MagiScallion

I will do.  They are not responding to messages at this time.

@MagiScallion 

you might need to rebuy a new esim or physical sim to get it work.  Check with agent and see what they suggest

MagiScallion

I have been corresponding with the cs_agent already.  We make some progress and then they ghost me in the middle of a solution.  My last message to them was a screenshot of my phone's settings showing there are no SIMs installed.

MagiScallion

Thanks! I tried that earlier today, no success.  I cannot buy a new SIM because I get an error saying I need to use the one I already have first.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Had that same problem with my iPhone. Was resolved be removing a normal SIM from another carrier, rebooting with no SIM, and buying a new eSIM while on wifi. 
Still not sure why it failed the first time. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MagiScallion 

there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.