cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM didn’t activate, old network down. Can’t get support

LP_Public
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As the title suggests, I am paying for a service which I can’t access.

I have logged into the app and started the process last night. I woke up with no cell service on my ESIM or physical SIM (Telus).

What is the best way to resolve this issue asap?

Would love to chat with an agent

4 REPLIES 4

LP_Public

An update in case anyone experience a similar issue…

I contacted customer support and had some replies, however I’ve been back and forth since Wednesday with no resolution. 

I was told yesterday that it might take another 72hrs to resolve the issue.

I’ve followed all instructions and still have no service. Will give feedback if it’s resolved

LP_Public

Thanks computergeek and softech. I’ve followed your instructions and opened a ticket. Hopefully they will resolve by lunchtime

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LP_Public 

there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

@LP_Public wrote:

As the title suggests, I am paying for a service which I can’t access.

I have logged into the app and started the process last night. I woke up with no cell service on my ESIM or physical SIM (Telus).

What is the best way to resolve this issue asap?

Would love to chat with an agent

Please use the chatbot to open a ticket. https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

There's also an option from within the Public Mobile app to open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.