cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sim Activation failed - no service now - URGENT

Rajendran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribed to the $34 CA-US plan and ported my number from Virgin Plus.

I got a notification prompt on my iPhone 14 pro to install the eSIM. I hit yes and it kept spinning for a while. I got a prompt stating to continue setting up while we activate the eSIM - I proceed. I got an SMS from Virgin to confirm the transfer - I replied YES.  However, I got a notification that the activation of esim failed. I no longer have service. 

I tried to scan the esim QR code in the email but it says activation failed again. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Rajendran 

Yes, the removing of the old sim is needed in many cases.  Usually simply disabling it is enough 🙂

Rajendran

I deleted the virgin esim. The public esim showed up then. It looks like it was already installed but there was some bug that prevented this from showing up. 

Ok if not sent a message to cs to advise having trouble link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rajendran 

your esim might be on the phone already and just not setup and enabled properly

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Rajendran

No there is no Pubilc Mobile esim. I only see a virgin esim. I tried rebooting the phone and scanned the QR code again. Didn't help

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

It's possible that the esim was already installed.  Can you check the sim manger in your phone to see if the public mobile sim shows? Can you set to primary and turn on?

Then try to reset networks and reboot phone seenif that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.