cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate data counts?

BIGRICK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just looked at my data history and see what seem to be duplicate data counts for one day, January 27th. Has anyone else experienced this recently?

And how/when does Public post data amounts to my account? I seem to get normally two a day sometimes more. Are these different types of data, or just taken at different times of the day?

Wondering....

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BIGRICK 

Glitch?

@dust2dust 

Insight? On any relation to @big_rick? Lol....tee, hee, hee.....🫢🤭😁

I checked 3 accounts....no duplication.🍆🍆

@BIGRICK

ideally, the usage you added up on the usage page should be same as the data usage you see on the overview page 

if you confirmed PM did counted those usage twice,  or you don't want to do more investigation,  you can open ticket with PM support and have them to make sure the data were not really double counted 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BIGRICK

Thanks, I did the filter. Surprised that it worked! I still see duplicates, too much trouble right now to see if they were both counted.

BIGRICK

2 entries, just about all the time. Except yesterday.  😉

@BIGRICK usually , you can download the whole usage history om Excel and try to add up thr usage to confirm if PM counted the usage twice or just posted the entries twice

BUT , usage download has been broken for 2 weeks

If you want to just go through the usage and add up on the Usags page, please go through it each page after page until yiu hit thr first day of thr cycle before you use thr filter to filter out data only.  If yiubfilter it too early, it won't work, another glitch  😞

BIGRICK

I see this:

Jan 27, 2023

Data
5.14 MB 12:12 AM

Data
386.55 MB 12:12 AM

Data
5.14 MB 12:12 AM

Data
386.55 MB 12:12 AM

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Perhaps @darlicious might have some insight. 🙂 I also have what looks like it could be duplication. 1.25, 1.12 then 1.25, 1.12. All at 2:46pm of the 27th.

Jan 26 - 0.42, 1.36 at 7:26pm.

@BIGRICK you constantly see 3 entries?? or just once in a while ??

BIGRICK

Thank you. So I should never see more than 2 entries per day?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@BIGRICK 

public mobile updates data details twice daily for the preceding 12 hour period.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BIGRICK PM does not update the data usage constantly.   Instead it usually update twice a day.   Each entry is the total usage for the last 12 hours , or between the last entry 's timestamp and that current entry 

Need Help? Let's chat.