Did you mean: 

Dual sim

Dessie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does public support dual sims card

10 REPLIES 10

@Dessie wrote:

I'm uncertain of what you're asking by this. Yes, you can use any compatible phone you wish, including as others have said, dual SIM card devices.  However, if you're asking if you're allowed to have 2 different SIM cards with the same phone number, the answer is no.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth: I was trying to be short inserting as little as I thought necessary for my "fix". Of course the phone has to be compatible to the carrier. The "unfixed" post said any.

@Anonymous 

The phone has to be compatible with the carriers. It it's incompatible then you have to get a different phone. (This isn't an issue anyways unless your phone was intended for non-Canadian markets, your phone is a decade obsolete, or your phone was carrier-locked to only work with one carrier.)

The carriers don't have to be compatible with each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Helpershelper wrote:

@Dessie 

Yes, you can use any 2 compatible carriers of your choice with a dual SIM. Which compatible carrier does not matter, they'll work.

Fixed it for ya. 🙂

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dessie 

Yes, you can use any 2 carriers of your choice with a dual SIM. Which carrier does not matter, they all work.

Phones can support (or not support) dual-SIM.

The SIM cards themselves - along with the operators which issued them - can't do anything to enable or disable other SIM cards in the phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, I have a dual sim phone.  You would need to select which sim you want to use when making a call or using data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dessie wrote:

I have dual sim from a previous carrier does public mobile supports dual sims

Absolutely. But Public Mobile is only a SIM. No eSIM. You can have two accounts or one and another account from elsewhere.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dessie wrote:

Hello @Dessie ,

According to this thread, it looks like YES! 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Dual-Sim-potential/td-p/497829

Dessie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have dual sim from a previous carrier does public mobile supports dual sims

Need Help? Let's chat.