cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping calls

Foiraeff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day, in sj nb & have been dropping calls, not receiving calls off and on for the past month. I have tried:Reset iPhone powered off, removed and reinstalled sim. Is this an iPhone issue or coverage only being on 3G plan?

6 REPLIES 6

@Foiraeff wrote:

I have an iPhone 10 xr & I’ve had an issue with cross texting with my mom & a friend where I will get a msg from him & reply goes to my mum. Strangest thing I’ve ever experienced so now I have to use another app called TextNow to contact him

@Foiraeff - that shouldn't happen. Have you tried a reset of the device's network settings?

OR, did you give your mum one of your old phones? Maybe that phone needs to have the number deregistered and readded to the phone?

Deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Foiraeff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iPhone 10 xr & I’ve had an issue with cross texting with my mom & a friend where I will get a msg from him & reply goes to my mum. Strangest thing I’ve ever experienced so now I have to use another app called TextNow to contact him

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Foiraeff - if this has been going on for a month I would not be happy. Try your SIM card into another phone and see if service improves. Do you know anyone else on public mobile that is having the same issues near you?

If services do not improve I would ask customer support to check your account, OR see if there has been towers that are affected in your area or being worked on.

Ways to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.

Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Foiraeff 

Check to see if there are any outages in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

There seems to be issues in some areas in SJ, NB.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It would not be a result of the 3G plan.

Amazing how one word can make a completely different meaning.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Foiraeff 

What you experience has nothing to do with 3G plan.   The 3G plan you got is actually a 3G speed plan, it only affects the speed

Try to change the Network type / Preferred network mode to 3G only and see if it helps

Also, what iPhone version you have? wonder if you are using VoLTE now or not

Need Help? Let's chat.