cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls

JBonnie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Occasionally the call drops when we answer our calls, or even worse says the number is no longer in service.

13 REPLIES 13

@Handy1 wrote:

@JBonnie  try putting your phone to 3G and see if that helps with voice 

I could see this helping with the dropped call issue temporarily, but such settings would have zero effect and couldn't fis the issue with callers hearing a number out of service error message.

@JBonnie 

does the drop calls issue happens more in specific location?

can you get another phone and test the PM sim there?

if issue persists, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

JBonnie

Unable to do that on SE 2nd. generation

JBonnie

Thanks, but reset hasn't solved it so far.

JBonnie

It's the 2nd. generation, but it doesn't show Cellular Data Options

JBonnie

Seem to have full bars. Still dropping calls after had phone reset.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JBonnie 

How many bars are you getting on your phone? You could be in a dead spot where the Telus and Bell towers are too far away.

Check the tower map:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=51.998410&lng=-96.987305&zoom=4&type=Roadm... 

Ummm... that is a link to send a private message. Meaning there should be no errors. Just saying...   🙂

JBonnie

Thankyou. I’ll try this later. Wasn’t able to get through right now. Just got error message. 

@JBonnie  Is that the first iPhone SE or the 2020 iPhone SE . The fist one dosent have volte enabled by PM but the 2020 one does . If it’s the latter try phone set to LTE and try 

JBonnie

Thanks but my IPhone SE won’t allow that. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @JBonnie 

If you continue having these issues, you can reach out and send a message to a CS Agent to have them reset your network from their end. You'll need to turn off your phone for this to take effect. Once they've confirmed they've done this, you can restart the phone. This happened to me a while back and once they reset it, no problems. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JBonnie  try putting your phone to 3G and see if that helps with voice 

Need Help? Let's chat.