cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls

Memere25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m having trouble with most of my calls- person can hear me and I can’t hear them or vice versa or it just hangs up - my husband is with Telus and has no problem- I had no problems for the first 2 years- I even purchased a new iPhone and having the same problem- what do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Memere25 Are the dropped calls happening in different geographical areas as well?   Try going to a different part of the city/area and see if this happens there as well.  If the problem goes away then it's likely a local network issue.  If the problems persist everywhere then it's likely a wider PM issue.  Either way I would submit a ticket for them to investigate but test before.

@will13am wrote:

@Memere25 , what you are experiencing could be a VoLTE implementation problem.  It seems like the calling problems come and go for customers.  I have experienced it but it goes away.  Quite often a simple reboot works.  The difficulty is determining when a reboot is needed before something goes wrong.

I've also seen increase instances of needing to restart the phone for calls to come in.  For some reason, a fix to a temporary network problem doesn't get aplied until after that some of the time.  You're right that you won't know to reboot unless some callers inform that they weren't able reach you.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Memere25 , what you are experiencing could be a VoLTE implementation problem.  It seems like the calling problems come and go for customers.  I have experienced it but it goes away.  Quite often a simple reboot works.  The difficulty is determining when a reboot is needed before something goes wrong.

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Memere25- Since your husband is on Telus, it is the same network as PM.  So signal shouldn't be an issue.  Is there any chance you can put your SIM in your husband's phone, and see how it goes?  Also put his SIM in your phone.  If the problem shows up on your husband's phone (with your PM SIM in it), then you would need to contact support to get it investigated.

Need Help? Let's chat.