cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Call

Cujimoto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!  Anyone else have an issue with dropped calls?  I find that when I'm on the phone for over 15 minutes, my call sometimes gets dropped.  Not sure why!  It's happened at least 5 times over the past three months.  Not too often and overall not an issue, but annoying when it happens!  Any advice would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

hi @Amped I experienced some dropped calls problem too last week. Try reboot phones and see if it helps 

If it is too bad, change network to 3G for couple days before switch back to Automatic/4G

Amped

Galaxy S23 in Regina.  My father who is also on PM, but in Saskatoon, is also complaining about frequent call drops.  He's on a Moto G Play 2024 now, but it was also happening with his previous phone.

hi @Amped what phone do you have?? which city in SK??

Amped

Also in Saskatchewan, and also get tons of dropped calls.  Happens in a good signal area.  Never happened with my previous providers.  Completely random too.  Sometimes after 5 minutes.  Sometimes at 42 minutes.  Rather annoying!

Scoot2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in Sask and get frequent dropped calls, especially during important tax or agency other calls where they don't phone you back. Very frustrating. I switched to 3G temporarily but doesn't seem to help. Is this a public mobile issue or my iphone issue. My wife doesn't get dropped calls on her iphone also with PM.

Lbun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mine has been very bad this week. Extremely frustrating 

@Cujimoto wrote:

That's a creative solution to the issue.  I'll give it a go!  Thx!

Let us all know what your results are. (And you should edit out the Solution until you actually get a solution)

Cujimoto

That's a creative solution to the issue.  I'll give it a go!  Thx!

Cujimoto

I'm on an iPhone11.  Time to get a new phone?!?  I'm in the 416 so shouldn't be an issue...

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cujimoto 

Happens frequently with me. I have learned to live with it. PM is tier 3. You get what you pay for.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Cujimoto 

for me, I can talk 2 or even 3 hours without trouble.  Some people said there is a limit per call, but I think it was 3 or 4 hours, definitely not 15 mins

is that location specific? Try  to track if it only happens for particular location.  Try reboot the phone, try Reset All networks

and what phone you have?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cujimoto 

I experienced that along with "choppy" calls too. I selected 3G instead of 5G or LTE...it cleans up the call...but gotta remember to switch back to LTE when done the call !!

Need Help? Let's chat.