cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charge

Frunobulax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

When I was activating my service, it didn't go through the first time. It went through the second time but I checked my bank account and found I was charged twice. What do I do about this?

11 REPLIES 11

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Frunobulax 

Despite using Visa Debit, it still goes over the Visa network, meaning that the vendor (Public Mobile) needs to request for authorization for $.  This authorization is what triggers Pending status and for debit, deducts from your account- in this case, your bank account (because it's Debit).  If the transaction doesn't Post, then the funds should be returned to your account.

I agree with the above - log into Self Serve and check your Payment History.  If you see two transactions, then open a ticket with the CS Agent (staff), ideally through the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner).  If you only see 1 payment, then chances are the secondary amount will be returned when the transaction settles.

@Frunobulax wrote:

I paid using a Visa Debit, not a credit card, so it came right out of my bank account. I know this is a thing with credit card but i doubt it works that way on visa debit. That being said, I could be wrong. It's definitely happened before 😊

@Frunobulax    It is possible that 2 accounts were created , especially if you activated in the store.  The would happen if the first activation crashed out and then the instore agent give you another SIM  for the second attempt. 

If that is the case, open the ticket with PM and tell them your possible 2 charges and ask them if there is a chance 2 accounts were activated,  one after another on the same card.  They can close the "ghost" account and move the fund to the one you actually using.  This could be all done quickly.

Please use the chatbot to open the account 

Start by typing "Overcharge"
then click "Contact Us"
then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@Frunobulax wrote:

I paid using a Visa Debit, not a credit card, so it came right out of my bank account. I know this is a thing with credit card but i doubt it works that way on visa debit. That being said, I could be wrong. It's definitely happened before 😊

@Frunobulax 

So, have you checked if your Payment history shows 2 charges?

If one payment is shown in Available funds, then it's good, you can leave it there for later use.

Otherwise ask CS to issue a credit.

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Frunobulax 

Contact customer service they will refund the extra amount. But check your pm account first if you see the extra amount just leave it to pay for next months bill.

Frunobulax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Frunobulax wrote:

Hi

When I was activating my service, it didn't go through the first time. It went through the second time but I checked my bank account and found I was charged twice. What do I do about this?

@Frunobulax 

1 charge is likely Pending, and when the transaction gets Authorized one will drop away.

Similar when you choose an amount to pay an authorized amount = $20 below.

But only ending up purchasing an actual amount = $19.28

esjliv_0-1634266584382.png

The above $20 fell away when this one transaction became Authorized with my credit card company.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Frunobulax wrote:

Hi

@Frunobulax 

Check if your payment history shows only one charge or two, you need to contact CS for assistance:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Often when there is a glitch at activation payment, only one charge appears in your PM account but 2 charges appear on credit card.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Frunobulax; it's possible that you actually were charged twice while you attempted to activate. If that is the case, I know the Customer Service Agents will be happy to make things right. If you decide to start process of CSA assistance, you could suggest that the 2nd payment just be applied to future plan renewals. An actual refund could take several weeks or more.

Welcome to PM.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Frunobulax Do you see the money in your PM account? If so, you can just leave it in there for future use. Refunds are a bit of a hassle so it's recommended to keep the money there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frunobulax : There's a possibility that that first charge might be a pending charge. You could see what the CSA's might do in the meantime but the charge might also drop away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frunobulax 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$ has the amount left, leave it for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.