cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charge in December 2023

polelum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was double charged in December. Only one charge is visible in the payment history. I failed to open a ticket  - 404 error. Any suggestions? Thanks! 

20 REPLIES 20

polelum

The agent already confirmed, that another PM account has been paid with my CC. I asked "what account?". The answer was: "I cannot tell you".  As you can see, PM has no idea, who is using your credit card, and what PM account is paid with it. 

At least, I had some fun. I love Monty Python, and that conversation fits perfectly into the Monty Python's show. Enjoy! 😉  

@polelum  nice that’s one way to do it , wish freedom was in my area too 

polelum

I suggested an internal glitch, and the agent excluded that possibility. BTW, I understand it would have no use overseas, since Public Mobile doesn't work in India (or elsewhere). I created my account almost 2 years ago and never had any similar problem. 

Fortunately, the issue has been resolved - now I pay half the price I paid at PM. 

I will miss this community and discussion board. TAKE CARE GUYS! It was a pleasure! 

Image1.jpg

HI @polelum 

i would not jump into conclusion about "Someone had unauthorized access to my PM payment info stored there".  We saw system glitch with wrong charges all the time, not just on PM but other companies.  

Work with agent and find the facts first.   Ask them to escalate if you want

@polelum  I’m not sure the agents would be the culprit here and I say that simply because it’s my understanding they are all over seas and PM doesn’t work over seas so nothing to gain by making you pay for a fraudulent account . That is of no use to someone over seas . Did you have trouble activating when you joined PM it’s possible you created a ghost account . Otherwise you will have to work with them to get fixed maybe ask to have the ticket escalated to a senior staff to look into your case 

polelum

If it's true what PM says, it must be an INTERNAL PM job. Someone had unauthorized access to my PM payment info stored there - it explains why my cc was used to pay another PM account. But it undoubtfully proves PM has very serious internal security problems. Guys, check your CC for unauthorized PM charges. Thieves at home!!!!!!! DEFEND YOURSELF!!!!!! 

polelum

The earlier charge (not recognized by PM) is already posted. The second one (recognized by PMI is still pending. 

You know,  it's not really about the money. I saved several hundreds of dollars being PM customer. It's all about the way I am treated by PM. I am a VICTIM, and PM blames ME for being ROBBED! The charge comes from PM, and they have no idea WHERE the charge comes from! Seriously? I expected APOLOGIES!!!! I got INSULTS instead! 

BTW guys, than you for your support and advices. This community is outstanding! I asked here about 14 months ago about US roaming, before my business trip to Boston. I got many, very useful advices and saved a lot of money. Thank you again! 

HI @polelum 

check with your bank as well and confirm if the earlier charge was just a pending charge, it is possible. 

polelum

Yes, the charges always came at different dates, 29 or 30. But never twice. I am PM member since 20 months, or so - and it never happened before. Surely, I will contact my bank, and surely I will cut all ties with PM, because a theft is something I refuse to tolerate. 

@polelum  Well it can’t always be on the 30 th because PM is every 30 days not monthly . Did you happen to change plan immediately? You always have the option of getting the bank to do a charge back . But only if you want to cut ties with PM as it will affect your ability to make payments on your main account resorting to having  to use payment vouchers and contact support . One thing you can also do if you know when then wrong charge occurred mark calendar for 30 days after and the day before pause your credit card then that account shouldn’t renew . Then unpause the card for you legitimate account to go through 

polelum

Here what I got - CAN YOU BELIEVE????

"The payment is not showing in your account, so it was taken from another account. It is not a system error. The payment was taken on the 28th on a different account, your renewal date is always on the 30th."

I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES!!!!!!  

polelum

I was contacted by PM CS and got rather an absurd answer. They asked me, if I have "another account, friend or family member", who might pay for another PM subscription. After I answered "no" to all the questions, the agent suggested my card has been hacked and used to pay for PM subscription. This is a complete BS. As I know, the hackers use stolen cards to buy TV, or other expensive stuff, not for phone subscription! PM refuses to recognize the charge, yet it's clearly marked by my CC as PM charge. Unbelievable! The CS asked me to report a FRAUD to my bank! I simply cannot believe! 

@polelum  Then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about . There are times when OM will show both pending and posted charge for the same transaction , if  by chance it gets posted . Just come back here and submit ticket with support .and happy.new year .

polelum

No, I didn't change anything. My plan renews in April. I am on automatic payment. The pending  / disappearing charges happen often with other cards I have, but never with this one - it's why my concern .... 

@polelum  the pending charge should fall off , you didn’t happen to change plans immediately instead of on renewal did you .?

polelum

It looks strange. The first charge, which is posted, is not in my PM payment history at all. The second one (pending) is shown in my payment history. But yes, you are all right - I should wait, until the second charge will be posted, and then decide what to do next. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @polelum 

If I may suggest, please contact your credit card company first or your bank first to confirm it actually was a double charge. A lot of folks see this and not realize it might be a pending charge. Now, saying this is a December charge, sometimes pending can stay a while and not clear. Best to confirm first at the source and then contact a CS Agent. Let us know. Thanks

polelum

Both the same amount, one Dec 28, the second one Dec 30. One is still pending. Yes, maybe I should be more patient and wait, until the second charge will be posted. Thanks! 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@polelum  Is one charge just pending ? If both charges are posted please submit ticket with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@polelum 

were the 2 charges the same amount and around the same date?

check if one of them just a pending charge and only one posted

if both are posted charge, please engage support.  Please use direct message to avoid having the 404 error

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.