cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double billed

Ryatta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today (Sep.8/2023) I changed/downgraded my subscription, effective immediate. But today is also the beginning of my billing cycle. My credit card was billed for the previous subscription ($50.85)  and also billed for the new subscription ($44.07). How would I go about getting the $50.85 credited to my credit card?

9 REPLIES 9

@

@koad2k23 wrote:

The plans are 30 day plans.  Any thing short of pro-rating the charge or resetting the billing cycle is intentional theft.  I am wondering how many people have experienced this issue.  I remember being confused about a bill a few months ago, and am now just finding out this was the issue after running into it again this month. 

@koad2k23 are you used to Postpaid plans? These are more so going to get prorated if you are changing your plan rate mid cycle.

For prepaid, and also when changing plans in My Account, there should be warnings about 'changing now'. That is why people around here recommend changing on next renewal so that you do not lose out on any funds paid already in your existing cycle.

HI @koad2k23 

it is not theft.  It is more your responsibility to understand what you are getting.  PM is a  prepaid carrier and do not provide prorated refund, PM is not the only prepaid carrier that has this practice.  And, it is also clear PM's cycles are 30 days and not monthly.   

koad2k23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The plans are 30 day plans.  Any thing short of pro-rating the charge or resetting the billing cycle is intentional theft.  I am wondering how many people have experienced this issue.  I remember being confused about a bill a few months ago, and am now just finding out this was the issue after running into it again this month. 

samsd1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i think the issue is that i signed up for a 90 day plan from 2017 and allowed auto withdrawls trusting that i would be able to get in touch with someone if i ran into any issues. In the past, i was able to connect with customer support quickly. I'm not sure about legal obligations but i do think that as a company you have an obligation to be responsive to your customers, i shouldnt have to wait a week+ for a response. 

As mentioned, the system worked as designed and always has as far as I remember. Immediate plan changes are immediate. There is a not very noticeable warning about that.
It sounds like your timing was off. You left it until after the plan renewed but then you compounded that with choosing the immediate change plan now option.

But as mentioned, support might be nice. Be nice to them. They have no legal obligation to be nice. But they have been known to do this for people.

samsd1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this seems to be a common issue now with PM. I wrote to an "agent" a week ago and received no response. My plan is from 2017 and its billed on a 90 day cycle. Instead of beign able to change at the end of the month which i did (august) they are billing em for the full 90 days (up to end of OCt) in addition to the new plan. Horrible. PM is not what it used to be seems like just another money grab company now, planning to switch. 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you changed it immediately then it really worked as designed.  Usually the better way is to make the change on renewal.  But since timing is so close they may credit you back, but it's at their discretion.  You'll need to contact the CS AGent to see if they can do anything for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Ryatta wrote:

Today (Sep.8/2023) I changed/downgraded my subscription, effective immediate. But today is also the beginning of my billing cycle. My credit card was billed for the previous subscription ($50.85)  and also billed for the new subscription ($44.07). How would I go about getting the $50.85 credited to my credit card?

Customers shouldn't usually perform an immedaite change, even if it's on the same day as the plan being renewed. when performing such a change, there is warning against doing this. There are no guarantees as officially policies say that there are no refunds but, try sending CS_Agent a private message:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ryatta it was because you made the change using Change Now after the renewal.  You should have use Change on renewal and schedule a change for next cycle

But PM agent could sort out the issue, please  submit a ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.