cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Billing on Credit Card - how do I get that resolved?

PCIO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It looks like my credit card was double billed this month - two transactions were posted, one on June 12th and one on  June 13th. How do I get that resolved?

11 REPLIES 11

PCIO

Ok, thanks - I'll ask them to escalate. I have 4 mobile phones with PM - this one and three for other family members - and I'll cancel all four if forced to. I'm not daunted by the prospect of having to move to another provider - PM is not the only game in town.  I've gone through the "Dispute Transaction" process with VISA on two other occasions over the years and have found them very reasonable and not afraid to stand up to vendors who effectively say "Talk to the bank - it's not my problem". I'll see where it goes.

@PCIO   I would reply them and ask them to escalate for senior staff, also explain we see charge back situation caused immediate account suspension

PCIO

Hmmm - we'll that's pretty bad practice if they expect to hang on to their customers, especially since I've paid regularly for 18 months - including TWICE for the the current month - through their pre-paid authorization plan.  Here's the post I just received from Support:

I completely understand, but unfortunately, the second payment was made back on May 13, the one I mentioned on June 12 but we do not have any details about the one on June 14, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you but since the payment is not posted on your account we cannot submit a refund request so you need to contact your financial institution directly so they can reverse the payment on their end or you probably have any other account were you have the same card. "

If I don't get a favourable resolution, they can suspend my account as much and for as long as they like - I certainly won't be using their service again, just on principle.

@PCIO   NO.  do not ask the bank to reverse (charge back) the transaction.  Ask PM support to investigate and refund

We saw many cases, people ask for a charge back, even valid reason, PM system see the charge back and will suspend the account IMMEIATELY.  Once suspended due to charge back, you will need to pay using vouchers for a FULL year to get the account in good stand

So, DO NOT ask the bank to reverse, ask PM to refund intead

PCIO

Yes, I'm conversing with someone in Support now. They are suggesting I take it up with the bank so I'll do that. And if necessary, I'll register a dispute with Visa and pursue that route. If all else fails, I'll cancel and move to another provider - never surrender ;-)! 

Thanks again for the reply!

@PCIO   since the charge is not the same (usually pending charge and posted charges have the same amount), i would simply message support today and ask them to investigate

PCIO

Thanks for your reply softech...  No, it's not my first renewal - I switched to PM about 18 months ago and immediately set up preauthorized monthly payments. And I haven't made any changes to the original subscription (i.e. roaming packages or other add-ons) since last year - all monthly charges for the past 6 months and more have been going through regularly without any issue.

As for the charges, my usual bill of $33.35 is due to "Loyalty recognition" ($1), "Autopay" ($2) and "Refer-a-Friend" ($3) so:   $35.00 - $1.00 - $2.00 - $3.00 = $29 +15% tax = $33.35      I'm not sure what the $34.50 is about...  

@PCIO is this your first renewal with PM?  If so, wonder if you had any issue with activation and you need to re-try activation after?  Some people might have created "ghost" account in such case

$33.35 is $29 + tax on the Maritimes and $34.50 is $30+tax, it is weird they are different

Also, you didn't try to make any plan change around those days , did you?

PCIO

Thanks for your reply but I don't believe that is the issue. I'm familiar with the fact that transactions will sometimes show both as "Pending" and "Posted" at the same time for a few days and then they will eventually be dropped from the "Pending" list. But in this case, both of the Public Mobile transactions are showing under the "Posted transactions" section and neither are in the "Pending transactions" section.   Furthermore, each is for a different amount and for a different transaction date - one is for $33.35, transaction date of June 12th, posted on June 13th and the second is for $34.50, transaction date June 13th posted on June 14th.  But, as you suggested, I did login to My Account and checked the Payment History and I did see only one transaction listed there.  In any case, as you suggest, I'll wait a few days and see if the situation resolves itself.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PCIO  Check your credit card . Is one charge pending and the other posted ? If so the pending charge should fall off . If not the please 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PCIO   likely one of the two charges is just a pending charge, and only one is a real posted charge.  You can first wait couple days and see if one of them dropped

Also, login to My Account using incognito mode, check the Payment history and you should see only one transaction there

If you waited couple days and confirmed that they both posted charged, please open ticket with PM support and they can further investigate:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.