cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't you guys want 12GB for a lower price?

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well, we see PM trying, and they're doing their best to lower their prices, but they should all be comparatively lowered. I just posted an idea in the Idea Lab and I've done all the calculations correctly, I believe. Check it out: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/12GB-Plan-Price-Lowered-Comparatively-P/idc...

I'm pretty sure that paying three times as much per GB for twice the data as the 6GB plan isn't really worth it.... unless you guys are just going to give the same argument that it's cheap enough and stop complaining? LOL. To be honest, it's not complaining, it's just annoying. I like having data. Shouldn't have to conserve it at the level I am now. It's getting difficult to do so, and I'm happy to pay $30 more to do so. 🙂

1 REPLY 1

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Since you already posted this in the public lab, discussion can be kept there instead of making another post about it. 

Let me tell you something. 

If you look at the announcement, they specifically mentioned that they want to target medium data users. Because of this they removed older plan which was awesome too for many users. They did that just to attract medium data users. They have DATA about users so they can figure out where they should focus to attract more users. They saw an opportunity and grab it by providing promotion like plan to users. Many will agree that for most users 6GB is way more than enough. For me, even 1GB is too much since i stay on wifi most of the time. 

Now, they really blew many people's eyes by offering the new 6GB plan. They made some sacrifice like removing 1GB plans to offer this 6GB plan at the best value. That is the best they probably came up with. That 12GB plan is still similar or better compare to other carriers. 

It makes more sense to me to offer plans for lower data users. I bet there are more users want less than 3GB data per 90 days then those who want 12GB or more. Well, PM had to remove that 1GB plan in order to offer the best 6GB plan, because majority users are medium data users. 

They might have thought about offering 12GB plan at lower rate, but they know the best. May be in the future, but just because few want more data, doesn't mean others want it too. 

Need Help? Let's chat.