cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the black friday 5G or 4G plan fits my phone?

SallyHao
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am using Honor V20 phone and have previously used the $25/month 1GB @3G plan. Recently I changed to the black friday $34/month for 20GB @5G plan. But now I wonder will my phone support 5G speed? Or 4G speed? Does anyone know?

6 REPLIES 6

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dwh1 wrote:

@SallyHao 

First off, go in and change it again, to the new $34 for 40 GB @ 5G plan that just launched. You'll get twice the data with no down side.

Or the even newer $29/10GB plan. It's 1am Saturday and took about 15min to login. Didn't actually book the change (I so want to, but I really don't need more speed nor more data, even if it's "only" $4 :). I created a thread listing all the plans as of 1am, not going to post it everywhere but also don't want to post the info everywhere. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/It-s-1AM-Saturday-and-there-are-betterer-...

dwh1

@SallyHao wrote:

I have been trying to do so over the past three hours but I couldn't successfully log into my account... The PM website seems to have some problem at the moment... I wonder if you know when will this promotion end?

It seem the sire is overloaded right now, I would bet that they will let these promos run for a while to avoid unhappy customers - but we don’t know as we’re all just customers here like you.

SallyHao

I have been trying to do so over the past three hours but I couldn't successfully log into my account... The PM website seems to have some problem at the moment... I wonder if you know when will this promotion end?

SallyHao

As mentioned in my question statement, I am using Honor V20.

dwh1

@SallyHao 

First off, go in and change it again, to the new $34 for 40 GB @ 5G plan that just launched. You'll get twice the data with no down side.

As for speeds, all plans provide access to the 3G, 4G, and 5G networks, so your phone will do what it can do and the plan doesn't really matter.  PM just uses "5G" to mean "250 Mbps" speeds.  You'll get the fastest speed that both PM and your phone support.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SallyHao 

What phone you have? even a 4G only phone can be used on 5G plan.  The 5G plan is more about speed and data mount.  With a 4G only phone, you can access the 4G network and will get a near-5G speed, max according to your phone. So, no worries, just go with the 5G plan you want

Need Help? Let's chat.