cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Gl.iNet Puli (GL-XE300) 4G LTE router works on Public Mobile as a Mobile Hotspot?

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

https://www.amazon.ca/GL-XE300-Industrial-T-Mobile-Supported-EC25-AFFA/dp/B08PYQL3V2?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Does it work with Public Mobile? Does anyone have experience with these devices. Just trying to set-up a person with internet but they live in a rural area with 1-3 bars on my phone.

It looks like it will work on the LTE bands and WCDMA (3G UTMS) bands but the person won't care if it is 5ghz wifi or 2.4ghz wifi. It is only 2.4ghz connection on that device.

Also wanting to use the 50GB $34/month plan to set them up and gonna use my iPhone to set up the SIM card.

On a Speedtest there I can reach 50mbps of speed at the home, double the speed of the $75 100GB 25mbps download of the TELUS rural internet.

Or just in general, do these hotspot devices work with Public mobile? Am I all set to just buy that, the plan & the SIM card?

3 REPLIES 3

fixin

@softech - Update: They just got back to me and this is what they said:

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.39.48 AM.png

fixin

@softech - Thanks for the info and here is the band info.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 6.26.54 PM.png

The AF (First Net) it has band 66.

This is what it says - only missing Band 66. But I will contact Gl.iNet to ensure that it works with Public Mobile / TELUS.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fixin 

sorry, not enough information. 

I searched the site, I checked datasheet and it didn't mentioned the bands it support.  Bands are critical to confirm if it supports or not

Since it is said to be compatible with T-Mobile, it will likely have some compatible bands but it might or might not work great depending on the number of compatible bands it has

Remember it needs the following bands

Bands_w_5G.jpg

I suggest you to message the manufacturer and confirm:
https://www.gl-inet.com/contacts/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.