cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does temporarily freezing a phone plan disrupt scheduled phone plan switch?

nnn12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be travelling abroad and plan on temporarily freezing my account/phone plan. However, I have a phone plan switch scheduled to take place during that freeze time period. In this case, if my account/plan is frozen & auto pay is disabled, will the scheduled phone plan switch go through? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nnn12 

Since you've already paid for the current cycle that you're on now, there's no harm in letting it run its course and then allow the change to the new plan on renewal, and then when that has occurred, suspend your plan by removing the auto pay subscription from your self-serve account.

Just make sure to restore the services within 90 days of that point.  (more accurately, 90 days from the point that the changed plan expires)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nnn12 if the plan change is supposed to be during the planned freeze time, then it will be affected. 

And if the plan is one of those promos plan and no longer offering now, you should let it renew and plan change before you freeze it or you risk losing it.  (of course, if you will be back before the end of that new cycle, there is no point to freeze it then)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nnn12  as long as you make payment and resume services before the renewal date you should be fine . But if it’s suspended during the renewal date that the plan should change  it won’t change over to the new plan . So basically the account needs to be active on the renewal date for the plan change to occur 

Need Help? Let's chat.