cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does public mobile have scam protection button

Melanie13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure what it's called but is it possible to set up a thing where if someone calls you, they have to press a number and then it'll call ur cell to deter those auto scam calls from bots

Example my friend calls me and there's a prompt telling her "press 4 to continue" and she pressed 4 on her phone and then it'll actually call me 

5 REPLIES 5

@Typhon wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

My Google Pixel 7 has call screening where if it is a suspicious number I can have it read out a message where hte caller has to say why they are calling and it displays it so I can decide if I want to answer the call

That sounds great so I could screen all the spam calls from China. Is this feature available for iPhones?

HI @Typhon 

i dont think so.  

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13 wrote:

My Google Pixel 7 has call screening where if it is a suspicious number I can have it read out a message where hte caller has to say why they are calling and it displays it so I can decide if I want to answer the call

That sounds great so I could screen all the spam calls from China. Is this feature available for iPhones?

@ShawnC13 Yup, I love that feature on my Pixel. Most of the scammers don't bother once the screening kicks in. Every once in a while it's a legit call and I'll answer after they start the transcript. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Melanie13 

That feature is called call control.  It is not offered by Public mobile unfortunately.  It is offered by higher tier companies like Telus and Koodo.  

Need Help? Let's chat.