cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it count as a new activation if you've been with Public Mobile before?

zxcv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Some plans—namely the $21/month plan—are only available for new activations. If you used to be a Public Mobile subscriber, does it still count as a new activation? Is there some minimum length of time you have to be away from Public Mobile for it to count as a new activation?

6 REPLIES 6

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech in my previous experience for public mobile and I've been here for multiple times since 2016 I have never been able to use a canceled accounts previous email address. If they finally fix this is you that would be great and I would love to change it to another email address to currently. 

Unless they have changed the back end of the database to allow for reusing email addresses, the database was set up with unique email addresses as the primary key. As people as generally use the same email address for long periods of time having canceled email accounts attached to canceled account numbers is ridiculously stupid. I have multiple emails and I've run out of ideas for creating new ones as I don't want to keep adding a brand new account. I know you use Google emails with the plus sign to create aliases so they still come to my email address of choice.

@Stonechucker1 wrote:

Just don't try to reuse an email account. It will be disastrous.

@Stonechucker1 

email address from a cancelled account can actually be reused.

Stonechucker1

Just don't try to reuse an email account. It will be disastrous. As previously mentioned it's simply just a new account. Please note you will not be able to move your number from a current account with public mobile unless you port that number out to another carrier and then Port it back to your new line.

turtleTurtle

If you are making a new account, does not matter how long you have been away. For example, even if you got another account for a second line, you can still get the deal.

@zxcv wrote:

Some plans—namely the $21/month plan—are only available for new activations. If you used to be a Public Mobile subscriber, does it still count as a new activation? Is there some minimum length of time you have to be away from Public Mobile for it to count as a new activation?

There's no minimum amount of time being away from Public Mobile to be able to get a plan being advertised as being for new customers.  You could even still be a Public Mobile customer.  New cusotmer plans aren't actually for new custoemrs.  They're for new accounts.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@zxcv It should count as a new activation.  You could sign up with a different email address to be sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.