cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does data speed affect texting?

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have noticed the new $15 plan is at 4G. I mostly text and wonder if data speed affects texting and voice calls?  Also if I switch would I lose all my roll over data?

6 REPLIES 6

ATHENS

I’m on a $34 50 go plan. They say if you switch down you would lose all bonus data.  All this is very chaotic and time wasting - what will be will obviously be. Thanks to all for trying to help.

ATHENS

Thanks again - It now seems like a hassle to maintain a plan with PM. Almost tempted to just start fresh with another carrier but will hang in there because of rewards , until the dust settles.

@ATHENS wrote:

Thanks - good to know that existing data would remain. Woulld the existing data be at 4G if I do switch to the new $15 4G plan?

@ATHENS 

Yes.  If you don't see the correct speed, support can fix it

ATHENS

Thanks - good to know that existing data would remain. Woulld the existing data be at 4G if I do switch to the new $15 4G plan?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ATHENS 

Nope data speeds will not affect texting or calling and your free bonus data will rollover to the new plan.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ATHENS wrote:

Have noticed the new $15 plan is at 4G. I mostly text and wonder if data speed affects texting and voice calls?  Also if I switch would I lose all my roll over data?

@ATHENS no, text won't be affected by data speed.  The text package is too small that data speed won't matter much

you won't loss any non-expiring data for plan change

Need Help? Let's chat.