cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Visa Debit work with Public Mobile?

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Recently i had helped a relative sign up with PM (using my referral code) but the Walmart rep who set it up was not able to attach it to their TD Visa debit card.

They had to use their standard Visa card.

Can the payment method (autopay) be changed to Visa Debit or does PM not accept it?

17 REPLIES 17

JL9
Mayor / Maire

They won't get the 2 but they do get 5% back in points. So 15 plan is 75 cent s essentially worth of points while 25 is 1.25. And so on 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 

Yes I realize @G6 is on the old Rewards system but I wasn't sure if OP switched over to the Points system.

G6

Cool, thanks

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@G6 wrote:

They are on points, i am on old rewards system.

So since they signed up in April will i still get $1/month off?

Yes, you will as long as they used your referral code and have an active account.

G6

They are on points, i am on old rewards system.

So since they signed up in April will i still get $1/month off?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@G6 wrote:

I'm on the old rewards, they signed up a few weeks ago so are presumably on the new points system.

Do they still get $2/month off for autopay?

They will not get $2 off for autopay.

Here is the points catalog.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Catalogue

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

You should stay with the old Rewards system because you will get monthly discounts reward credits.

Unfortunately, your friend will not receive $2 credit for AutoPay under the new points system.😢

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

@G6 

Yes, your friend will get the $10 credit when your friend use your referral code.

No, you won’t get a $1 off/month on the Points system rather you will get 1 point/month as long as they stay with PM.

I think @G6 is on the Rewards program and not the Points program since their community profile was created in 2019. 

G6

I'm on the old rewards, they signed up a few weeks ago so are presumably on the new points system.

Do they still get $2/month off for autopay?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

Yes, your friend will get the $10 credit when your friend use your referral code.

No, you won’t get a $1 off/month on the Points system rather you will get 1 point/month as long as they stay with PM.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

Yes, they will receive a $10 credit into their account within 72 hours and you will receive $1 off at renewal as long as they have an active account with Public Mobile. Make sure you stay on the old rewards system. It is much better than the new points system. Activations after January 25th, 2022 are automatically on the points system which is not as good.

G6

@JK8 wrote:

@G6 

Not too sure why. Try to create a self service account if it was not done at activation and change payment card in self service. Use chrome in incognito, but clear cache first.

I will try that next time they bring their phone over.

Another question is that with the new reward structure do they still get the $10 off and me get the $1/month off as long as they keep their plan?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

Not too sure why. Try to create a self service account if it was not done at activation and change payment card in self service. Use chrome in incognito, but clear cache first.

G6

Any idea why the Visa Debit would not work at signup?

G6

They don't have an online account yet as it was done at Walmart, i forget if its easy to sign up for one or not?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

Yes, Visa Debit is acceptable. Log into the self service account and change the card. Remove the existing card first.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/register-your-payment-card

Need Help? Let's chat.