cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SIM card get locked to IMEI on activation? LTE Router issues?

OnlPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just signed up for PM; Sim card will be in the mail in a couple of days.. I think it will work with my unlocked (previously locked Moto G Stylus 5G 2021; only seems to be missing 1 band of many listed) phone; But I'm mainly interested in using PM SIM  in a LTE Router(KuWFi GC111 ; Said to work on Telus/bell/others).. Ideally I'd like to swap between the two... Does PM have any issues with swapping phones/devices where you have to contact them? 

Perhaps I should try to do initial activation on the LTE?(if it lets me without app installed)

Does PM/Telus have any issues/data limitations on unlimited plan using it as hotspot or an LTE Router?

4 REPLIES 4

@OnlPM 

if those are the bands, then you have all the compatible bands

if it works for Lucky, it will for PM.  As @fixin said, if anything not work, it will be APN.  Try reset all networks first, or come back and ask us for the full APN parameters (or check with your phone with the PM sim card installed)

OnlPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07VSH9N1B/
I think the one you found stats on might be for regions outside NA.
"4G FDD-LTE:B2/B4/B5/B7 ;B2(1900Mhz)/B4(1700Mhz)/B5(850Mhz)/B7(2600)

3G WCDMA : B2/B4/B5"

No B12 apparently...

It currently works with Luckymobile(Bell) and I have used it with Mint(tmobile) in the USA.

No issues yet, as still waiting for the SIM card; Planning activation, just looking to see if there might be IMEA locks after activations(some providers do that).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@OnlPM 

no, sim card does not tie with IMEI

for your issue, it seems to me it is a network band issue. 

not sure if this is the version you got:
https://www.kuwfi.shop/products/eu-versionkuwfi-4g-lte-car-wifi-wireless-router-300mbps-cat-4-high-s...

According to the page, the router has band 1/3/7/8/20

these are the bands PM uses:
Bands_w_5G.jpg

While band 7 is the compatible band your router has, having one compatible band is not enough, especially that has only band 7, it should have band 4 AND 12 for minimum coverage and a stable connection 

I can't find more information with this rounter.  You should check with support and confirm the exact band it has.  If you can still refund it, you might want to consider that

Or borrow a Telus sim as well as Bell sim card and check if it works well with those sim cards

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@OnlPM - You may need to change APN settings if it doesn't work.

But if 1 band is missing it is not the end of the world at all.

If it works for TELUS, it should work for PM.

With Hot swapping, you will need to turn off the hotspot when inserting by recommendations.

Need Help? Let's chat.