cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Moto G Power or Samsung A21S work with Public Mobile?

luv_era
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My question is 2 part:

1) My niece is looking to buy a new phone just before high school starts and wanted to take up a plan with Public Mobile. Not sure if these phones - Moto G Power or Samsung A21S are compatible with Public Mobile? 

2) Also you first start by buying the SIM by paying $10+tax and once you receive it, you then purchase the plan you want?

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Warm Regards,

L

19 REPLIES 19

@pkaraa 

To be clear the 5gb bonus data add on promo is YMMV per retailer so confirm with the retailer that they have the offer in their system. It is not specific to CCS but that would be a smart choice.

Must be a $25+ plan to qualify.Must be a $25+ plan to qualify.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkaraa wrote:

@Anonymous got it. thanks.

@pkaraa 

your welcome...

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous got it. thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkaraa wrote:

@Anonymous 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-for-free/m-p/718059 

this says $15 and $25 plans are excluded. Only $35 plans are eligible for the 5GB promo data.

confused now :).

@pkaraa 

yes that offer for $25 plan eligible for 5GB bonus data one time, YES for only new customer.. is an in-store visit Here 

for promo code 2GBBONUSfor new customer Activate online only..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkaraa : I'm also confused. The 2GBBONUS is $35 and up. I think the 5GB is an in-store only vendor offering. I don't know where those details are.

pkaraa

@Anonymous 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-for-free/m-p/718059 

this says $15 and $25 plans are excluded. Only $35 plans are eligible for the 5GB promo data.

confused now :).

@pkaraa 

Yes indeed until August 31st I believe....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkaraa 

for $25 plan eligible for 5GB bonus data YES for only new customer...

pkaraa

@luv_era 

both the phones will work just fine as both supports 3G network.

pkaraa

@darlicious 

Is $25 plan eligible for 5GB bonus data? 

@luv_era 

BTW....to tag another member just tap the "@" key and type until you see the name pop up and tap it to autofill you.....

CCS ships with Canada post if you don't live in the GTA and usually takes 5 business days to ship to Vancouver for example.

luv_era

Thank you sooo much  

luv_era

Oh Wow!!! Thank you!!! You are an angel... 👼❤️

cprnicus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've had my Moto G on PM plan for a few years now. No problem. GL.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@luv_era 

Either phone will work just fine on public mobile. The basics to join public mobile are indeed buy a sim card, pick a plan and activate in store or online. However there are ways to save money as  mentioned by the others but it's important to figure which plan you think will suit your daughter's data needs then

Canadian Cell Supplies offers activation bundles a discounted first month and a free sim card. I recommend you purchase for your first month the $25 plan. With the 20% discount and the free sim card it will cost $20+tax (×13%=$2.60)=$22.60. By choosing the $25 plan for your first month you are eligible to recieve the one time 5gb bonus data add on (value=$75).

The terms and conditions of this promotion do state if you change your plan you will lose the add on.....but we have found that 99% of the time despite changing plans you in fact end up keeping the add on. This is YMMV so you must decide if you want to test your luck and risk losing it by scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan. I personally have done this twice and kept my bonus data add ons .....and so have many others. The choice is yours to make though.

To summarize....by choosing to activate with CCS their $25 plan activation bundle you will pay $22.60 and recieve a free sim card, the $25 plan and the 5gb bonus data add on. Add a referral code** to recieve the $10 bonus referral credit and register after activation a card for autopay to earn the $2 autopay reward and plan data bonus of 500mb for the $25 plan and when and if you switch to the $15 plan the 250mb autopay data bonus.

Schedule the plan change on next renewal and you will pay $3 for your second month after you recieve the $10 bonus referral credit and the $2 autopay reward as a $12 credit in your balance ($2 autopay is applied to your balance upon renewal.) Your third month will be $13 ($15-$2=$13).

*CCS has a pick up location in Mississauga for your SIM card that you can either have them preactivate once you pay or pick it up unactivated and activate with them afterwards thru email.

**If you don't have a referral code just private message another community member and ask them for their referral code. They will be happy to oblige. Unsolicited referral codes are against the ToS of the community (FYI).

Edit:

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/saving-plans/products/free-sim-card-with-public-mobile-...

luv_era

Thank you for the clarification. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@luv_era 

As mentioned above, both those phones are compatible with PM.

Here are the specs of those phones:

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_power-10076.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a21s-10239.php

Need to get a new SIM card and then activate a plan.  If not in a rush, you can wait for some special promotions.  Just missed the free monthly 2GB data add on promotion:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Aug-19-20-2GB-of-monthly-bon...

As mentioned above, London drugs is offering a free SIM card with in store activations (until August 25). Also, many Walmart reps will offer free SIM card with activations (YMMV).  Some store vendors are offering a free 5GB one time data add on promotion for in store activations (with plans greater than $25 per month).  

Cheaper SIM cards can be purchased via Amazon.ca or canadiancellsupplies.com

softech
Oracle
Oracle

.. and yes A21s will work with PM

A21s has many variants.  They will all work in PM but the North American version works best.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@luv_era 

I have the Moto G Power 2020 from Costco. (2020 version is better than the 2021) Good phone for $250. 3 days or more battery life. Get the case and screen protector off amazon.

Once you get the sim easiest way to activate is through Live Chat:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

…..or if there is a London Drugs near you go there to buy sim and activate.

The plan is selected at activation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.