cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Add-on data roll over for ever?

vunnikri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All,

I'm new to PM and had some issues with my data that PM support is currently reviewing. So, meanwhile I only have 200MB left for the month and was thinking of getting some top-up data.

I've looked through some posts on this, but still have a few questions.

1. If I add a 1GB add-on data, I'm assuming it will be used only after my monthly data runs out right?

2. Say I use 200MB of my add-on, would the remaining 800MB roll over to the next month as an add-on as well? (and all subsequent months?)

3. If it does roll over indefinitely, then it would be used only after that month's allocated data right?

Thank You!

8 REPLIES 8

You buy the add-on once. You get to use it all up once. The unused portion will continue carrying over across billing cycles indefinitely. Until it's finally all used up and falls off the account.

If you buy 1GB of data you get 1GB to use immediately, or eventually, or not at all. You don't get that extra 1GB every month, the Add-on data doesn't refresh when Plan data refreshes. You don't have to buy it again every month, you don't have to pay any kind of "rollover" fee to carry any remaining Add-on data towards subsequent billing cycles.

Beware that PM's notifications about 75% and 95% data usage don't seem to work properly (ie: at seemingly random usage thresholds) when any Add-on data provision is still attached to Plan data provision.

@Anonymous wrote:

@vunnikri : I've never liked the term "rollover". I know we're all supposed to know what it means but some providers will re-charge you for the so-called add-on. Is that rollover?

So I prefer to say you buy it once and use it over time. This goes for all Canadian add-ons with this provider.

That sounds more like Auto-Renewal to me.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vunnikri wrote:

Ah! I see what you mean.

It's probably best to phrase it as a 'free' rollover then 🙂

Sure...free with the remaining balance. 🙂

It's just me though. Paddling up stream as it were.

vunnikri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah! I see what you mean.

It's probably best to phrase it as a 'free' rollover then 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@vunnikri 

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vunnikri : I've never liked the term "rollover". I know we're all supposed to know what it means but some providers will re-charge you for the so-called add-on. Is that rollover?

So I prefer to say you buy it once and use it over time. This goes for all Canadian add-ons with this provider.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@vunnikri wrote:

Hello All,

I'm new to PM and had some issues with my data that PM support is currently reviewing. So, meanwhile I only have 200MB left for the month and was thinking of getting some top-up data.

I've looked through some posts on this, but still have a few questions.

1. If I add a 1GB add-on data, I'm assuming it will be used only after my monthly data runs out right?

2. Say I use 200MB of my add-on, would the remaining 800MB roll over to the next month as an add-on as well? (and all subsequent months?)

3. If it does roll over indefinitely, then it would be used only after that month's allocated data right?

Thank You!

Yes, the data add on will roll over to each cycle until used up. Your plan data will be used up each cycle before your data add on is used.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Rolls over until all used. Plan data used first then add-on when plan data runs out. Plan data renews next 30 days it's used first and the add-on sits in back waiting when needed.

Need Help? Let's chat.