cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does *611 even work?

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’ve seen subscribers being directed to dial *611 for various reasons.

I tried calling *611 three times today to see how it works and only got total silence on the other end. It didn’t even seem like it connected to anything. Each time I called it, I immediately would receive a text message from 611 with the following: “Thank you for calling IVR. Did you know that you can check your Rewards, change your plans, purchase add-ons, view plan usage and so much more through My Account? Visit the new and improved My Account at myaccount.publicmobile.ca”.

Is this normal?

I did try the 1-855-478-2542 (1-855-4PUBLIC) number and that worked to access my account via phone call.

17 REPLIES 17

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Just like BeatleJuice, say my name and good things happen. LOL

I know that you're just making a joke, but I made a change to this thread as the above isn't a solution.

Paul215

If you want to set up your account PIN, you can use the following link:

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/reset/pin

@Handy1 wrote:

@colleeno  Thing is I’m pretty sure you need to know the 4 digit PIN code to make payment with registered card on file with *611 unless it a payment voucher . So unless something has changed around here as much does and not usually for the better . Maybe some will chime in and clarify . Because from what I’ve read around here you need to know the 4digit pin to make acc changes .

You are correct, sir. In order to make payment using your on file cc, you need your PM pin number.

@colleeno  Thing is I’m pretty sure you need to know the 4 digit PIN code to make payment with registered card on file with *611 unless it a payment voucher . So unless something has changed around here as much does and not usually for the better . Maybe some will chime in and clarify . Because from what I’ve read around here you need to know the 4digit pin to make acc changes .

colleeno

@Chalupa_Batman 

I have marked this as the solution! You’re brilliant! 😂 

colleeno

@hairbag1 

That’s how it went for me as well. It would definitely be frustrating for someone desperately trying to top up a suspended account.

dwh1

@colleeno It's always worked for me.

colleeno

Five years a customer and I guess I haven’t needed my PIN yet because I don’t know it. I hope I won’t need it. 😀

Just like BeatleJuice, say my name and good things happen. LOL

@colleeno 

after 3 or 4 failed attempts...it started to work for me. I can now call 611 successfully.

colleeno

@Chalupa_Batman I actually just gave it a try again without doing anything to my settings and it worked this time. 🤷‍♀️ 

@colleeno  Yes when you first activated SIM card you used to be asked to set up PIN code , but some newer accounts have to add it in their account profile page after activation . Some I’ve heard don’t even have the option now with new activations . I know my PIN code and use it mainly to verify account if I need support . But honestly I’ve never used *611 even thou I have PM account I don’t actually use it myself I let my friend use it . To much doesn’t work around here and always broken . 😡 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @colleeno 

Could you please do me a favor? Because I am able to get 611 to work with no problem, I feel it has to do with my set up. So, with that being said, can you try something for me?

Go into your network settings, turn off automatic and choose Public Mobile then reboot. Once you're back up, then try 611 and see if you get through. 

[colleno forgot to mark this post ..... Luddite ]

colleeno

@Handy1 

At what point would you key in your PIN code? There was no robo-voice or anything – it was just blank on the other end.

I don’t remember having ever been asked to set up a PIN code. Would that have been when I first subscribed?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@colleeno 

I just tried it and got same response as you. Maybe they wanna phase out 611 now too !

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @colleeno 

yes, it works. 

call again

or call 1-855-4PUBLIC 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@colleeno  You need to know your 4digit PIN code to use *611 . But you can use it to load payment vouchers without needing the 4 digit PIN code 

Need Help? Let's chat.