cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 5G with 100GB Data still provide unlimited data at slower speed?

Mondocanuck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was planning to upgrade my subscription to $50/mth, 5G with 100GB Data today, however I noticed that plan no longer states "unlimited data" at slower speed (once your 100GB is consumed). Was that feature of the offer removed? If so, how do I go about getting that feature?

6 REPLIES 6

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

ALL 5G plans have unlimited data at 512kbps after the main data bucket is used. 

The above isn't correct. Please see the post by Handy1 for the correct information as Canada-US plans don't include unlimited data.

Dave_PM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also noticed the same thing. Honestly, using 100GB in a month is difficult in my view. But we loose unlimited slow speed data for US calling/data benefits

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mondocanuck , it seems like Public Mobile switches back and forth between offering CAN-US 5G plans and CAN only 5G plans.  Not sure why both cannot be available at the same time, it is not like these plans take up actual shelf space.  I digress.  The sacrifice to get US roaming is losing unlimited throttled data.  I would say wait until after May 20 when the current 5G plan offerings expire and you should see the 5G plans with unlimited throttled data making a reappearance.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mondocanuck  No not the Canada /US  5G plans don’t have unlimited data . Just the non Canada /US  5G plans have unlimited data . But at the moment all 5G plans avaliable to switch to are CAN/US plans and they do NOT offer unlimited data sorry 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

ALL 5G plans have unlimited data at 512kbps after the main data bucket is used. 

Need Help? Let's chat.