Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need a 4g plan to enable VoLTE? Thanks

STEON1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

17 REPLIES 17

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am on the same plan and have my incoming calls constantly disconnected at around 9min. Are you also having this issue?

STEON1

Was in touch with PM and agent confirmed because my S20 was not on list, it's a no go.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@computergeek541 

Amended

I do see that you've edited your post, but that wasn't the part that I was trying to point out.  You've stated that a 4G plan is needed to use VoLTE which isn't ture.  A 4G plan isn't required to use VoLTE.

@frankysplace yes, VoLTE is for all, regardless of plan, just need PM to enable the profile and your device is on the list

So, what phone do you have?

frankysplace

I have the 15 dollar plan and 250mb of 3G data and VoLTE is activated on my phone.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@STEON1 

Yes but you also need to know if your phone is also PM 4G/LTE compatible.

Note that 3G is on 4G but throttled down speed.

Please be aware that the information that you have provided isn't correct.  The previous responses have the correct answer that a 4G plan isn't needed to use VoLTE.

@STEON1 yes, I have an S21+ and didn't make it onto the list either.  And unfortunately, iPhones always have an advantage on these things 😞

STEON1

Hoping they do update, iphone8 which is on list came out in 2017 and the S20, 2020

@STEON1 wrote:

Have a S20 plus . Not on Public Mobile list, but passes on Telus IEMI checker

@STEON1 , it is best to make a call and check whether the phone remains connected to the LTE network for voice.  At this point, I would not rely on anything other than this check.  I have had a phone not on the list that worked for about a month and now is no longer getting VoLTE.  Something angried the system and the IMEI got removed from the whitelist.  

@esjliv yes, you got it!!

honest,  I doubt they will update it a lot

and with this morning's post by  sheytoon saying 3G is not going anywhere anytime soon, I doubt PM has much incentive to bring older phones onto this VoLTE list.  I think new phones from this point will be good, doubt the old one that didn't make the list will be there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@STEON1 @softech - are you looking at this list at the bottom of this help article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte ?

I never noticed this before. Wonder if this list is going to be updated regularly by Public Mobile? 

@STEON1   Sorry S20 Plus is not on PM's VoLTE compatible list.  The list PM has is different from Telus'

STEON1

Have a S20 plus . Not on Public Mobile list, but passes on Telus IEMI checker

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@STEON1  No 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@STEON1 

Yes but you also need to know if your phone is also PM 4G/LTE.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@STEON1   NO , you don't

you just need a phone compatible with PM's VOLTE

what phone you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.