cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do bravos count?

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do thumbs up bravos count towards community rewards? I think I read they count when your posts get bravos, but does it also count towards your community rewards status when you give bravos to someone else?

15 REPLIES 15

@Luddite younreminded me of that dreamer song

dream dream deeam, dreaam dreaam dreaam Lol 

@computergeek541 wrote:

Public Mobile and hopefully the userbase wants quality over quanitity. 

Dream on. 🤣

quotes-life-holds-special-magic-for-those-who-dare-to-dream.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I actually did not know that. That is actually helpful information to know 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen  Yes they do. When the community awards are released just check the bravo leaders for the last 30 days and more than likely the 3-4  leaders make the 1%. Not much of a secret formula in my opinion.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen wrote:

Do thumbs up bravos count towards community rewards? I think I read they count when your posts get bravos, but does it also count towards your community rewards status when you give bravos to someone else?

It counts for you to feel like your part of the community, its like getting awesome high fives while we are social distancing!

Screenshot_20200420_235723.jpg

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

All part of the secret recipe 😂

@helenhelen wrote:

**bleep** mystery. 🙂 I somehow got $1 off for this month from my activity which got me in the top 50%.. but I didn't really post all that much compared to others here, so not sure what contributed to it.

Maybe the top 50% is like 50/50, they pull your name or they don't. haha I have looked for parameters even looked at some analytical post from others about bravos to reward. There is no clear cut definition. I think PM does this so people are not just doing one thing to contribute but looking for those to continue to help out and contribute.

have a awesome day!

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@helenhelenmessages posted and solutions given also factor in the community reward. Congratulations on the top 50%.

@helenhelen wrote:

I can't prove this and as has already said, no one knows the exact formula, but I am extremely doubtful as to if bravos being given are even in the reward calculation. I will say that people who give bravos are often more likely to receive them, but I would hope that members try not to go overboard.

Up until recent changes to the reward calculations, I would also say that bravos received and solutions received also weren't the main factors. Unfortunately, the single most thing that counted was the number of messages posted. Public Mobile and hopefully the userbase wants quality over quanitity. 

@helenhelen wrote:

It just bleeped the word "d*mn"?! - didn't realize PM was so puritanical, lol.
I edited my OP bc it's called bravos and not kudos!

@helenhelen   Lol....you don't know the half of it. Let me ask you a question.

The British traditionally serve a a Sunday dinner with all the trimmings including Yorkshire pudding, gravy, potatoes and two veg. This is served alongside _____________________?

@helenhelen wrote:

**bleep** mystery. 🙂 I somehow got $1 off for this month from my activity which got me in the top 50%.. but I didn't really post all that much compared to others here, so not sure what contributed to it.

@helenhelen   Just you. You contributed to it. Bravo!

helenhelen

It just bleeped the word "d*mn"?! - didn't realize PM was so puritanical, lol.
I edited my OP bc it's called bravos and not kudos!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen  Its generally assumed that posts, solutions and bravos (given?/received?) count towards community rewards but the formula and how they are calculated is a mystery. Whether they change it based on quality, amount of contributors, days of sunshine, phone numbers ported in, tulips in bloom or day of the week no one really knows....just give what you able to and wait and see...

helenhelen

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@helenhelen wrote:

Do thumbs up kudos count towards community rewards? I think I read they count when your posts get kudos, but does it also count towards your community rewards status when you give kudos to someone else?

@helenhelen 

It is combination of quite a few parameters that PM uses to determine the community reward.  No one knows the secret formula.

Need Help? Let's chat.