cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Voicemails disappear when plan auto-renews?

balaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on $15 plan. Since I had to travel outstation, I put the PM sim in an old phone, setup 'extended absence' message and left the phone with PM sim behind. On self-serve usage dashboard, I was able to see some calls to my PM number. I returned home only a few-days after auto-renew date and to my surprise, there are no voicemails left at my number.

To be sure, even though I had enabled auto-renew by linking my credit-card, on renewal day, my self-serve briefly displayed 'account suspended, and to ignore the message if card has been billed already'. Later, my self-serve showed my account to be active, the same day.

4 REPLIES 4

@Triguy wrote:

After 10 days, a message, whether new or saved, is automatically deleted, unless saved. Also there is a limit of 10 messages.

Thanks for those nuggets of information! 👍  Although neither of those things really impacts my phone usage, this is the first time I've ever seen any mention of either, auto-deletion after 10 days, OR there being a limit of 10 messages! 😯 

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, Voicemails disappearing would have nothing to do with when the plan auto-renews.  Perhaps none of the callers left voicemails?  Or, maybe some kind of phone setting deleting them as others suggested.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@balaca what you described was the normal PM account renewal process it goes suspended, then expired, the payment comes out at 2am est then the plan resets for the next cycle.  

Your voicemails don't delete on renewal. However, a maximum of 10 messages may be stored, with a maximum length of 5 minutes each. Voicemail messages will be automatically deleted after 10 days. You can recover them up to 48 hours after deletion by dialling in to your voicemail, then selecting  ‘1’, followed by ‘9’. Welcome to the PM community.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you save the messages ?

After 10 days, a message, whether new or saved, is automatically deleted, unless saved.

Also there is a limit of 10 messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.