cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to use one time payment?

soup19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cancelled my old credit card and got a new one. But I forgot to update here. I just received a text message for autopay. Then I realize that I have to update my credit card information for autopay here. My question is: do I have to use one time pay for this time or Public Mobile will try to charge me again? I just update my credit card information for autopay on my account. Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4

@soup19 wrote:

Thank you so much!

Keep in mind.....if you have a balance your next payment(s) come from the balance first and;  only if funds are NOT FULLY sufficient in your balance, will auto pay kick in, for  the insufficient amount.  

soup19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much!

@soup19 

Public mobile's autopay system will only attempt one payment during renewal of the remaining plan amount owing after any rewards or account balance is deducted first. If your autopay fails you would then have to make "a one time payment" and choose "other" amount and enter any amount owing plus any reward amount that is in your balance such as $2 for autopay.

When adding a new card to your account it is suggested you make a test payment to make sure the card can be charged be successfully. This can be as little as $1 or your total plan amount ( or more) which would then sit in your balance until your next renewal and be used to pay for your plan.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@soup19 

It's better to be safe than sorry.

I would manually make a one-time payment from the newly registered card. You will still receive the $2 autopay credit.

Worst case scenario, if Public Mobile does attempt to process another payment it'll just rest in your "available funds" and be used for your next renewal cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.