cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to update my credit card info if I got a new replacement card for the expired card?

Butaneinmyveins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am wondering if I need to update my credit card info.

I just activated my new BMO mastercard...the previous one expired.

Will auto pay still come out as usual or do I need to do anything regarding auto pay?

Public still shows the right CC#. The only thing different this CC now has a new expiry date and new code on the back.

7 REPLIES 7

Butaneinmyveins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all for the feedback. I wasn't sure as I have other services linked to the card that didn't require me to do that. I have now updated my card here and hope not to see any interruption in my service.

@Butaneinmyveins wrote:

Will auto pay still come out as usual or do I need to do anything regarding auto pay?

Public still shows the right CC#. The only thing different this CC now has a new expiry date and new code on the back.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Lol....with the amount of autopay failures we have around here.....for exactly that? An expired card? A new CVV is specifically designed for security purposes.....the two most important aspects of credit card security you are asking the card issuer to ignore and authorize payment? I recently had one of my cards recieve the replacement card and I was unable to make a payment with it despite it still being valid for two more weeks....even customer support couldn't get the payment to process. I had to add the updated card.

I'm not saying anything about whether this is good or bad.  I'm only saying that what's done in practice.  Take a look at your online bank account and check out your credit card section.  Some banks actually tell you that they will update the merchant on the status of new cards. It's then up to the customers to disable that feature if they don't want this updated card information shared with merchants. I'm only asking if Public Mobile receives these updates from card issuers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Lol....with the amount of autopay failures we have around here.....for exactly that? An expired card? A new CVV is specifically designed for security purposes.....the two most important aspects of credit card security you are asking the card issuer to ignore and authorize payment? I recently had one of my cards recieve the replacement card and I was unable to make a payment with it despite it still being valid for two more weeks....even customer support couldn't get the payment to process. I had to add the updated card.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

@Butaneinmyveins wrote:

I agree with the others that you should update the infromation on your account.  I am unsure, however, if it's actually required.  Depending on the issuing bank, and depending on the settings and payment processor that Public Mobile is using, there are cases in which a merchant can still charge a card even if the buyer (customer) hasn't provided the new expiry date.  Some credit card issuers actively provide information to merchants whenever a new card is issued to replace an existing card on the same account and also of updated expiry dates.   @J_PM , does Public Mobile participate in this to minimize failed transactions and service cutoffs?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Butaneinmyveins    Yes you'll need to select the Payment tab on self serve account, then Manage My Card (scroll down the page), and use Replace this card option.  Reminder to fill the name/address exactly as it appears on your CC statement and no spaces for the postal code.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You'll need to update that info before next renewal date to ensure problem-free renewal.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Butaneinmyveins  Yes you have to update your card. Log into your account. Click Payments. Then bottom left you will see Manage my card.

Need Help? Let's chat.