cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Bonus minutes/data expire or can they be lost if you switch plans?

ExtraSlow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Over the years I got a lot of those bonus minutes/data etc, and I'm considering switching monthly plans.  Just want to be sure that I won't lose my bonus minutes if I swap to a lower plan.  Specifically, if I have international talk minutes as a bonus, do I need to maintain a plan that has base USA talk minutes to use those?  

7 REPLIES 7

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Also beware that if you switch away from a legacy plan - a plan which is no longer offered - then you won't be able to switch back to it. You can always (and only) switch to any of the plans which are currently offered.

Available Funds, Add-ons, Rewards/Points, Loyalty, Referrals, etc are all attached the account, not to the plan.

Promo bonuses are usually conditional. They are basically attached to the plan and might be lost if you switch plans - always read the fine print. Apparently you'll get prompted to confirm/abort if you attempt to switch away from a promo plan which still has ongoing promo bonus ... but I wouldn't recommend trusting Public Mobile's automation, lol.

I've changed between the $25 and $15 plans a few times as needed. My add-on (and promo) minutes always remain on account - even the Canada-wide minutes which will never be used while I have a plan which includes Unlimited Canada-wide minutes.

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Promotional data/min might have a time constraint on them, but for purchased or gifted data/min, it'll still onto your account regardless of plan changes. Be aware though, if you change plan while under a certain promotion, you'll lose that promotion as you change. Hope this helps!

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@ExtraSlow 

those gift bonus you don’t lose them, is will be in your account as is what you have it now.no expire until you use it

for switch plan, tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

and use the down arrow to scroll down,

after all set up do rebooting device.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Bonus data/minutes and add-ons do not expire (except US add-ons) when switching Plans.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ExtraSlow....

those International talk minutes and data were part of More is Merrier holiday campaigns...they're considered same as an add-on. They stay on your acct until you use 'em up...even if that takes several months or longer.

Change away !!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ExtraSlow  

if you are talking about bonus minute and data from Christmas, as well as the rewards you got like Loyalty reward-Autopay reward-friends referrals,  then they will stay with you even you change plan

but if you are talking about the 2GB bonus or so from activation, the activation bonus, then NO, those would be gone

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ExtraSlow 

No you won’t lose any of your bonus rewards if you switch your plan.

You will lose it only if it is a plan requirement. Eg 2gb data for 12 months with minimum $25…if you downgrade to $15. You will lose the 2gb data.

Need Help? Let's chat.