cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in Plan

Anwesha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I got a new prepaid sim and activated a 30$ plan yesterday in Ottawa which is supposed to give me unlimited Canada Wide calling.  When I dial a Toronto number (647) I am getting a message that says that long distance charges are applicable.  I am not able to understand and would like help.  Can someone please help me soon, as I am not able to make any calls outside Ottawa now.

 

Thank you.

A Anand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Anwesha 

Did the call go through? I also get messages like that when dialing, but the call connects and goes through. I think that's just how the phone system works.

Since Public Mobile is prepaid it either will connect the call, or it won't. There are no surprise charges since you've already paid for the service ahead of time.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Anwesha 

Did the call go through? I also get messages like that when dialing, but the call connects and goes through. I think that's just how the phone system works.

Since Public Mobile is prepaid it either will connect the call, or it won't. There are no surprise charges since you've already paid for the service ahead of time.

View solution in original post

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does the call go through? If so, it's all good. You won't get charged anyway from Public Mobile for features you haven't paid for in advance. Also, did you dial "1" in front of the number?

 

GC

 

EDIT: Jarvar posted while I was typing. Smiley Happy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Anwesha wrote:

Hi, I got a new prepaid sim and activated a 30$ plan yesterday in Ottawa which is supposed to give me unlimited Canada Wide calling.  When I dial a Toronto number (647) I am getting a message that says that long distance charges are applicable.  I am not able to understand and would like help.  Can someone please help me soon, as I am not able to make any calls outside Ottawa now.

 

Thank you.

A Anand


If it would be a long distance call from a landline you will still need to dial 1 infront of the number have you been doing that?


I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Anwesha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am dialling from the public mobile number starting with 613 to a Toronto mobile number starting with 647.  Whether I prefix with a +1 or not, I am still getting the message that 'long distance rates will be applicable'.  I should not be getting this message because the plan is supposed to be 'unlimited Canada Wide calling'.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Anwesha wrote:

Hi, I got a new prepaid sim and activated a 30$ plan yesterday in Ottawa which is supposed to give me unlimited Canada Wide calling.  When I dial a Toronto number (647) I am getting a message that says that long distance charges are applicable.  I am not able to understand and would like help.  Can someone please help me soon, as I am not able to make any calls outside Ottawa now.

 

Thank you.

A Anand


Make sure that your Self Serve account shows that you have the Plan you selected otherewise it is like others mentioned. Putting 1 in front of the number should solve it.

 

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You


@Anwesha wrote:

I am dialling from the public mobile number starting with 613 to a Toronto mobile number starting with 647.  Whether I prefix with a +1 or not, I am still getting the message that 'long distance rates will be applicable'.  I should not be getting this message because the plan is supposed to be 'unlimited Canada Wide calling'.


Is the call going through?

If so, nothing to worry about .

 

EDIT: PM is prepaid with no overages, if you have not paid for it in advance you will not be able to do it.

Anwesha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The call goes through.  So, I will not be charged?


@Anwesha wrote:

The call goes through.  So, I will not be charged?


Nope! Can't be!


@Anwesha wrote:

The call goes through.  So, I will not be charged?


No you will not.  To not  hear that message just put 1 in front of the number and you will no longer get teh message


I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Need Help? Let's chat.