cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Text Notifications of Rewards Applied

wlweir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I get the "Congrats! Rewards have been applied" texts usually at about 01:00 in the morning. Most disturbing, I do not want to put my phone on do not disturb for other reasons. Can I disable these notifications?

10 REPLIES 10

@computergeek541 

Ok that makes sense....it just happened to be a coincidence that I activated a referral at 11pm and 12 hours later got the Cha-ching text at 11am pacific....2pm eastern.

wlweir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks to all for the speedy replies. Gonna give this “Hide Alerts” a try. iOS. 

@darlicious wrote:

@wlweir 

Unfortunately since July the rewards applied text has been sent out 12 hours past it's normal time along with their "You've referred a friend" text which if you live back east it is occurring in the middle of the night. Annoying for sure....hopefully pm fixes the issue soon. Otherwise maybe let your phone go to sleep at the same time as you and use an alarm clock instead.

The new referral text message for referrals who activated after the text message notification cut off time is now coming at 2pm eastern time, or sometimes not coming at all.

@wlweir 

Unfortunately since July the rewards applied text has been sent out 12 hours past it's normal time along with their "You've referred a friend" text which if you live back east it is occurring in the middle of the night. Annoying for sure....hopefully pm fixes the issue soon. Otherwise maybe let your phone go to sleep at the same time as you and use an alarm clock instead.

@LeePublic wrote:

Maybe try replying STOP to the text message?

@wlweir 

@LeePublic

These text messages about rewards, payment reminders, and renewals cannot be unsubscribed from.  The only options are silent or DND mode, turning the phone off, or as mentioned earlier, blocking the text messages from this Public Mobile number from within the text messaging client.

Public Mobile's marketing department has been made aware of the poor timing of these text messages.

@hTideGnow 

In the 5 years I have been with Public Mobile, I have not recieved a single text message from them that I've considered to be of any significant importance to me.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wlweir wrote:

Hi, I get the "Congrats! Rewards have been applied" texts usually at about 01:00 in the morning. Most disturbing, I do not want to put my phone on do not disturb for other reasons. Can I disable these notifications?

@wlweir 

Try this...Silence a contact on android:

1. Open Android Messages.
  2. Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
  3. Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
  4. Tap People & options.
  5. Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

you can also block the number.

But whether you silent the notification or block the number, you have a chance that you will miss other important message from  PM.    Be aware. 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wlweir Try going to the phone number and disable notifications. If you are on Android, go to the 3 dots on the text message page, > Details > Notifications > and then put it on silent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wlweir 

if Text is come from 611,you can just deleted...

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe try replying STOP to the text message?

@wlweir 

Need Help? Let's chat.