cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differenc Between $40 and $39 plans

janefer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is the difference between the $39 plan with 30Gb of data at 4G and the two $40 plans with 50Gb or 60Gb of data at 5G ?  It seems that for the same money I can get 60Gb at 5G or 30Gb at 4G.  Why would anyone take the 30Gb plan of there is no difference?  What an I missing?  What are you giving up to get more data and speed?

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @janefer 

Let's see what we have here. Starting with this one.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1707173172077.png

Option 1. $40 a month or $34 a month but pay for 90 days at a time. You get a pool of 150GB of data to use in the 90 day cycle. Once you've used it, it's reduced to unlimited speeds of 512kbps.

This plan....

Chalupa_Batman_1-1707173257123.png

Is $39 a month but $34 a month if paid on a 90 day cycle. The difference is, it's on 4G and you're capped at 30GB a month. Once it's used up, you're out of data for the remainder of the month. Or 90GB of data for 90 days and after that you're done.

Truth be told, the first option is a much better deal. Same price but more data and unlimited data instead of being stopped by your data allotment. 

Hope this helps.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@janefer this is more a promotion strategy. PM put another "Not so make sense " plans to highlight the one they are really promoting.  Get the plan wisely and get one that cheaper with more data 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@janefer  Difference is more data and faster internet speed . And you right no one will go for the $39 plan it’s just there to help guide you towards the larger monthly spend 

adding I was able to get 120GB for $50  from Telus and family discount applies so with 3 more lines I get 480GB to share with 4 phones and pay $35 a line you also get faster internet then PM even offers with wifi calling and the app works too for updating credit card info best bart is no more dropped calls .  TELUS rocks 

Need Help? Let's chat.