cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't receive promo

TMT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm actually a retail representative for Public Mobile. Last month I helped a customer activate their phone plan at my store. At the time, there was an offer going on for a deal where if the customer activated on, I believe, a $35+ a month plan that they would receive a month of service for free. I cannot remember at this time if that was on the website or if that was in literature sent to my store by our Public Mobile rep. I think it was on the website though and showed as a current offer that was for both online and in-store. I know I would have checked to verify to the best of my ability that it was a current offer as I know that these offers can change frequently and have short windows.

The problem is that the customer hasn't received any credit in the 30-day window they should have. All I can think is that either this is an error of some sort (like the offer wasn't supposed to show up on the website that day or she just didn't get it for some other reason.)

I'm doing my best to find some information and help her. I believe she already created an account for the community (since this is for her Public Mobile account, not mine), but she was unable to recall the password and didn't have her email set up on her phone to reset it.

I'm not sure how to proceed in this instance, and I'm looking for some guidance. I already tried the retail chat support, but they are only helping reps complete activations at this time.

TIA

8 REPLIES 8

TMT

There was an offer that ran around April 20, and it was for in store, too. I'm not sure why I made the mistake, but I did the activation for the customer on April 21. Anyway, we took care of the customer at the store level (comp'd some PM credit).

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@TMT  If memory serves me correct. That flash sale May 5-7 was the only one in a few months due to Covid19.

Found my original post about the sale.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FLASH-SALE-TILL-MAY-22ND/td-p/538528

TMT

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate all the quick replies, and I'm doing my best to remain safe. I told the customer to try to get in contact with the moderators on here. I'm also following up with our store's PM rep to see if this was an in-store offer. (The activation was a month ago, so my memory isn't 100% reliable.)

Thanks again!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@TMT 

Hi

I think you should contact moderators as the community knows only about offers that circulate here, you can review them in the announcement section. But the community is not disclosed store specific offers, sometimes members wound alert the others if they see something in stores, but it's hardly reliable or exhaustive. The only thing we can see offered to community is 'online only' which doesn't mean that there were no parallel store offers

@TMT  here are the terms of that flash sale. They would have had to put their email online in a link between May 5 to 7. They would have also had to activate online by May 22nd.

Screenshot_20200508_002822.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@TMT your customer should contact the moderators and ask them about it. Stay safe. You can try but I dont know how receptive they will be.

@TMT wrote:

I'm actually a retail representative for Public Mobile. Last month I helped a customer activate their phone plan at my store. At the time, there was an offer going on for a deal where if the customer activated on, I believe, a $35+ a month plan that they would receive a month of service for free. I cannot remember at this time if that was on the website or if that was in literature sent to my store by our Public Mobile rep. I think it was on the website though and showed as a current offer that was for both online and in-store. I know I would have checked to verify to the best of my ability that it was a current offer as I know that these offers can change frequently and have short windows.

The only such recent promotion ran from May 5 to 7th and the customer had to sign up for the offer. The service then needed to be activated by the May 22nd 11:59pm EDT.  This was an online-only promotion. it was not valid in-store.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMT It was for online set up only.

Need Help? Let's chat.