cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't get the plan I purchased.

plcd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was previously on an embarrassing 6GB 3G/$45 plan with Public, which would get you laughed out of business in any other developed country. I supposedly switched to a still meager plan of 15GB of 4G/$40 like as if they just don't have cellphones in Europe or Asia, and I held off on paying twice in a month for a phone plan cuz I'm not stupid, and was anticipating receiving it next cycle.

Well can you tell the difference between the the plan I got and the plan I bought?

thisbullsht.png

Because a $15 Billion dollar conglomerate sure can't!

You can bet that never happened, as I got my 75% data warning text at only 4GB. Turns out the big brains over at TCI decided I should get a 5GB/month plan instead! A $15B conglomerate and they can't even give you the plan you purchased. Where's my other 10GB? Never told me a peep that this is what I'd actually be getting. Am I just not supposed to leave the house until my renewal date? Because I'm not interested to pay to change my plan now (to the one I already purchased), and if pressed the 'Change plan on renewal date' button once before and it sure didn't work, why would it work now? I'm going to have to start dipping into addons, which at this point just makes it real obvious what the goal was here. So scummy.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@plcd 

Have you been contacted by customer support yet? The oracles keep schilling SIMon but I can't stand the guy and refuse to deal with him. You can choose to send a private message instead. I always preverify my account to cut down on the back and forth and try to leave a detailed message with any relevant info the CSA may require to perform the task at hand.

If you get pushback report back.....

plcd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nope, definitely 5GB, because I was finally was able to submit a ticket, but it only took until my plan rolled over to actually figure out a way to get a ticket submitted. Great. I'm deeply dissatisfied with how difficult it has been just to contact Public Mobile about this issue. The plan I have doesn't even exist on any part of the website. I feel rather blatantly bait-and-switched. Having to log in to two accounts multiple times, try and trick a chatbot into letting me submit a ticket since this doesn't fit their presets, and then the ticket submission itself having a broken login field, and then awaiting a response in a forum inbox filled with get rich quick scams, has certainly soured my taste on Public. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, absolutely ridiculous how inaccessible Public is when I'm paying for a plan that they don't even sell.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@plcd 

Did you schedule a change plan on next renewal or did you respond to the text message offering the $40/15gb plan? When scheduling a change plan on next renewal it would be easy to overlook that the first 4G plan presented at the time (recently a 4G $35 plan was added) in your self serve account's plans page was the $40/5gb plan you had to use the little arrows to scroll to the next plan presented the $40/15gb plan. Then followed by the $45/20gb plan and so on.....the only difference between the two $40 plans is the "1" in front of the "5gb". Very easy to overlook and with only one plan displayed at a time they cannot be easily compared.

If you accidentally scheduled a change plan on next renewal to the $40/5gb plan instead of the $40/15gb plan and only realized today what has happened explain this to customer support and ask them if they would kindly change your plan to the 15gb plan.....because pm knows dang well no one would choose a plan with less data for the same price and its just confusing marketing within your self serve account. The CSA should agree to your request....report back if they don't?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@plcd 

Things work fine for most people around here. And for those that it doesn't, we can usually help make it better.

Before logging into self serve:

• Try clearing cache and cookies and opening an incognito tab
  • Try using a completely different browser from a completely different device which does not have stored/remembered credentials
  • If using a device with stored/remembered credentials on Chrome browser, sometimes when these autofill, the device also attempts to automatically log you in.  If a device does this, do not tap the sign in button while it is trying to log you in as it will deliver an error message

Also, try tapping the highlighted area when logged into self-serve for a refreshed page version:

HALIMACS_0-1673142258056.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @plcd did you try to login  using private/Incognito/secret  mode?  try again  and see what you see

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@plcd - it is possible you received the 75% warning in error. 

To be sure click the little circle refresh button in your My Account to ensure it doesn't update to the 15GB one?

If still showing the lower data plan, maybe if you submit a ticket to CSA and explain your situation they will honour the  15GB to your account.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@plcd 

Try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode instead.

Then you'll probably see your current and correct plan.

A lot of times, those warnings are sent out in error. If you still don't have the correct plan, then yes you should reach out to a Customer Support Agent.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started.

Or send a private message to CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.