cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive SMS confirmation to port out number

Justin0221
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to port my number from Public mobile to Freedom. I called Freedom to initiate the port, gave them my Public account number, the phone number I want to port, and my address.

They said I should receive an SMS confirmation from Public on the phone number I want to port, and to contact you if I do not receive it. I have not recieved it.

11 REPLIES 11

@Justin0221 wrote:

I switched from Public to Freedom because they offered a better plan, thanks to a Boxing Day deal.

Honestly, my attempt to get help from Public really cemented the decision. It's ridiculous that we have to rely on a community forum instead of being able to phone a real agent who works for Public.

Customer support agents are full Telus employees.  As for Freedom Mobile, I speak from experience when I say that almost anything but the most basic question results in a canned response from customer service over the phone that someone from "back office" will call back within 3 to 5 business days.

Justin0221

I switched from Public to Freedom because they offered a better plan, thanks to a Boxing Day deal.

Honestly, my attempt to get help from Public really cemented the decision. It's ridiculous that we have to rely on a community forum instead of being able to phone a real agent who works for Public.

Lindy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see you went from Public to Freedom. I just switched to Public from Koodo prepaid and did consider Freedom. Was there any particular reason for switching to Freedom?

Justin0221

Thanks, I just got off the phone with Freedom. On second attempt I recieved the text from Public.

When a customer moves from one mobile service provider to another mobile service provider and ports their number, the process is all on the new provider to take the steps necessary to “pull” the number from the prior mobile service provider.

The customers only role in the process is to ensure the prior service account is active and they keep their prior SIM card in their device to receive the port authorization text (permission) to allow the prior provider to release their number.

You need to contact Freedom and insist they re-initiate the port request.

Justin0221

Yes, I currently have the Public mobile sim card in the device. I have no idea if the problem is on the Freedom or Public side.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Justin0221 

Out of curiosity, did you await the text with the public mobile SIM card in your device?

If so, there's nothing else for you to do here, and it's all on the new provider to initiate and reinitiate a port request, not the provider you're leaving.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

By the way, you won't get a response until their business hours. I should've mentioned that.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/What-days-hours-are-Customer-Support-Agen...

Korth_

Of course the page about getting support is broken.

Click this link to send the CSAs a private msg.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Justin0221

Thanks. From reading through that link it sounds like I still need to post in the community to maybe get a reply from an agent? Sigh what a confusing way to get help.

Korth_

@Justin0221 

This is the Public Mobile Community forum. We are just subscribers, the same as you.

If you want to contact Public Mobile Customer Support Agents then click here.

Need Help? Let's chat.