cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did all the moderators resign?

AlexBw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no service since yesterday morning and sent 3 messages to the moderators so far, no response at all. The last activity by moderator team was sometime early yesterday  Did they all resign or are they on strike or worse 

No wonder many are leaving PM for good  

26 REPLIES 26

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @AlexBw,

This is just a follow up - I went over your messages and it looks like my colleague Ashley was able to help you out 🙂 Let us know if you ever have any other questions, we'll be more than happy to help.

Enjoy the rest of the week!!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

mimmo-L thats partially true.

I stayed because I liked the community plus the fact that my kids would never run over their data where I woukd have to pay an arm an a leg for that.

But when I have Issues I expected them to get resolved .

Again  a day or two Ok but almost two weeks?

I dont know if this is a conscious effort by the mothership to move people over to the masked side.

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Its nice to say 48 hour And I dont mind Either,

but when one only communicates every 48 hours then it can be 10 days and one might not

resolve ones issue.Especially whe one communicates with a different pearson every time.

Just my 5cents worth...

dgallen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Glad to see you got the attention of the mods and you are back in service.  I used to design and manage these type of systems for telecoms that cause all the grief so this is definitely khama!  cheers

AlexBw

PK, I am up and running with the plan I wanted to switch to, thanks to the mod team, late but not vey late. I didn't have to wait as long as @dgallen did, hope he gets the attention.

Thank you all for your kind words.

dgallen

@ShawnC13 wrote:
@AlexBw, the fastest way to get up and running now would be renew your current plan and make the switch after asking the mods to do that and hopefully any difference they would put into available funds for your next renewal.  Just a judgement call if the risk of them not doing that for you this month is worth not having phone service.

Since I'm in the same predicament as the OP (although I put in the change of service request before my renewal date) I can give some thoughts to your suggestion...   I changed before renewal, my plan from the 90day/12GB to the $10/50min per month scheduled to take place on Sunday.   If I had renewed at the current plan rate of $120, the Public Mobile terms of service state that these funds have no refund.  Not a way to save money, which is why many of us signed up to Public Mobile in the firest place.  Plus many of us or migrating to the Koodo plan as offered the last couple of days by Public Mobile, so this $120 would be lost.   Thanks for your reply.

@AlexBw, the fastest way to get up and running now would be renew your current plan and make the switch after asking the mods to do that and hopefully any difference they would put into available funds for your next renewal.  Just a judgement call if the risk of them not doing that for you this month is worth not having phone service.

ETA: replied to post on page one rather than reading entire thread.  Any update are you back up and running?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

AlexBw

@dgallen wrote:

We all like to save $$$.  Unfortunately its challenging when your phone is OOS and there is no way to guage when it will be fixed.  When I signed up for service in 2016 I went 10 days without being to call out, but at least I could receive calls.   Now I've been out of service since Sunday, so I hope I don't have to wait that long this time.  I'm somewhat encouraged that the original poster of this thread received a message from a moderator within a day...  I continue to wait however.

Yes, I did receive a reply from Ashely couple of minutes ago and I provided all the details needed. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I hope yours will be resolved soon too, good luck.

dgallen

@Alissa wrote:

Sometimes it takes a little time. Keep an eye on your inbox and make sure to give them all of your info. It helps to speed things up when they respond. They may not be the fastest if its a busy time but its definitely worth the savings!! Hopefully your problem is solved soon!

We all like to save $$$.  Unfortunately its challenging when your phone is OOS and there is no way to guage when it will be fixed.  When I signed up for service in 2016 I went 10 days without being to call out, but at least I could receive calls.   Now I've been out of service since Sunday, so I hope I don't have to wait that long this time.  I'm somewhat encouraged that the original poster of this thread received a message from a moderator within a day...  I continue to wait however.

Alissa

Sometimes it takes a little time. Keep an eye on your inbox and make sure to give them all of your info. It helps to speed things up when they respond. They may not be the fastest if its a busy time but its definitely worth the savings!! Hopefully your problem is solved soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoreYummy wrote:

@Anonymous How long does it take to solve your issue?  Did you wait few days to get it solved?

???

Different person maybe?

@Anonymous How long does it take to solve your issue?  Did you wait few days to get it solved?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @AlexBw

I will be reaching out to you shortly via Private Message, so please be on the lookout 🙂

Also, if you haven't included your phone number and 4-Digit PIN in your message, please have it ready.

Thanks and talk to you soon!  😉

Ashley

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AlexBw, unfortunately you'll just have to wait until a MOD reaches out to you.  They'll send you a private message and they will include everything that they'll need from you.  No point in sending another message to the MODS at this time.  When you send multiple messages to MODS it just adds into their triage list and they just go in order it was received.  So if you've sent one yesterday then that's the one they'll see and then reach out to you.  All the others you've sent they'll either recognize it's the same issue and ignore, or they'll send you another private message offering their services, which you should reply back saying issue was resolved or is being looked after.  So sending multiple MOD messages won't speed up the process.  But I can understand your urgency, no service is definitely not a fun moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DuncanC wrote:

lol.  No apparently this is normal.  They are fully staffed. It's just ok for it to take 48 hours before they get back to you and then hours between replies to get it sorted.  But it's cheap, so no matter how truely awful the customer experiance is the fanboys tell me it's awesome and that I'm whining. 

Yup. I'm a fanboy for keeping my hard-earned money in my jeans. I can live with the odd problem for keeping my money.

DuncanC

lol.  No apparently this is normal.  They are fully staffed. It's just ok for it to take 48 hours before they get back to you and then hours between replies to get it sorted.  But it's cheap, so no matter how truely awful the customer experiance is the fanboys tell me it's awesome and that I'm whining. 

dgallen

@stonechucker wrote:

Ah... the dreaded plan change on an expired plan.  This is not changeable at this time by a subscriber.  You've done the right thing by sending your message in.

For your future reference, plan changes can be scheduled to occur on your next renewal during your active cycle.  There are two options, one is the immediate update (which cost a full payment), the other is the option to "change plan on next renewal".

I suggest the latter option and pay ahead of your top-up date by at least 1 day.

In the same boat here, although I had my service change (to $10 plan) requested before the renewal date but because of the downgrade of plans (from 90day/12gb to $10/50min) the automated billing and service systems borked each other and now my service shows inactive, even though autopay is enabled and funds were debited from my account on renewal.

I've been totally OOS (no calls incoming/outgoing or text messages) since Sunday and have been awaiting moderator response for over 36 hours now.   No fun.  I wish I new a timeline so I can broadcast an email to let people know my phone isn't working and when I expect it to work again... 

Ah... the dreaded plan change on an expired plan.  This is not changeable at this time by a subscriber.  You've done the right thing by sending your message in.

For your future reference, plan changes can be scheduled to occur on your next renewal during your active cycle.  There are two options, one is the immediate update (which cost a full payment), the other is the option to "change plan on next renewal".

I suggest the latter option and pay ahead of your top-up date by at least 1 day.

AlexBw

Thank you all for trying to make me understand. The wait time seems to be too long as I have no service, I'm frantically trying to get back kup and running.

I wanted to switch to a lower-cost plan. Yesterday was my plan renewal day, so I tried to change my plan, but I am unable to as I'm being prompted to top up the current plan. I followed the link to change the plan, only to be told that I don't have enough balance. So, I topped up the amount required for the plan I want to switch to along with the GST, but I got dropped back to the same page that tells me I have to top up my current plan which doesn't make sense 

As I don't have enough balance as I'm being told, my account was suspended and I don't have service 

I waw not aware of providing the mods with PIN. I followed the instructions on how to contact the mods, which doesn't mention about PIN. Should I just wait or go ahead and send another message to the mods providing my PIN. 

With some of the trash talk that some of the posters have been having, I wouldn't be surprised if they're on stress leave.  But seriously, they are working, and the backlog of issues is long.  It's not normally like this - so many promotions, and so many issues cropping up.

They will get to your issue.

What issues are you facing?  

Post here see if something others can help a little.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No the mods are active. Only send one message to mods. Sending more just makes issues worse.

I think there is a 24-36 hour backlog 

Many People are not leaving because of the service just that  koodo is offering great deals to migrate.

@CS_Agent can you disclose what the current response time is.

@AlexBw what is your issue new sign up ? Payment failure? If the second try paying via 611 and you can also buy vouchers online at recharge.com

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@AlexBw wrote:

I have no service since yesterday morning and sent 3 messages to the moderators so far, no response at all. The last activity by moderator team was sometime early yesterday  Did they all resign or are they on strike or worse 

I don't see any other posts by you asking for help or what the exact issues are. It may not be the case however more often than not the community can come up with the solution to your issues before the moderators even have time to respond because they are so flooded with people contacting them multiple times about issues that have nothing to do with the service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexBw wrote:

Don't send multiple messages to the mods! The way they have set it up is that your additional messages drop you back down the queue.

Ditto what RobertQC said.

Press Post and the same answer has already appeared 🙂 Oh well.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As mentioned in previous posts by the Moderator Team, do NOT send multiple messages regarding the same issue.  Sending additional messages actually moves you further down the list, so you will end up waiting even longer for a response.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Sorry I know it sucks 😞 They are really busy. But thats why this service is such low cost. For me, the extremely rare time I need a moderator to respond I have to wait but all the rest of the time I save a lot of money. I save about $490 a year with public mobile.

You have already contacted the mods so there is not much more you can do but wait they are really busy but will get back to you a soon as they can.

Should be within 48 hours.  No need to send multiple messages or it will just slow down the process unless you forgot to include your identity / pin number for verification then sending a second message (Click to send) will speed it up for you as the first response from them will be "who are you? " or "whats your pin?".  For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.