cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Public Mobile stop selling pre-owned phones?

ipro31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I rejoined PM July 21st. Last time I was customer was end of 2020 if I recall. Back then they were selling certified refurbished phones. Much has changed. They went back to no more phones?

I was just curious to ask. I'm using the Motorola Edge+ 2023 and works great with their VoLTE network.

10 REPLIES 10

Gabrielgdp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public mobile is Byod only which is also good because you have a lot of different phones to choose from and you are not forced or not needed to get a phone upfront with them if they would have more basic phones. But they are  more like providers that allow different plan needs and have benefits when it comes to choosing the right plan for you.

@ipro31  Me too . I don’t fancy any contract . Never will I be foolish enough to get into one of those again 

ipro31

@Handy1 

Definitely with PM they encourage bring your own phone 😀 That's great for me I typical buy the phone outright.

HI @ipro31 

Yes, Telus owns Mobile Klink and the Community mgr directing all CPO purchase to MK now.  

I prefer shows like that over eBay or Kijiji, better protected.  Most their CPO phone (may even be all) have 1 year warranty and you don't have to wrorry about blacklisted

I’d even go as far to say Kijiji can get you some great deals too . But at least mobile klinik is partners with Telus . So many feel better about that . And get the Hebee gebees sometimes when Kijiji is suggested . And for good reason sometimes I’ve hear many horror stories . But for most part with a little due diligence it’s good place to 👀 too

ipro31

Hi @Handy1  ,

That is true, Mobile Klinik is associated with Telus, Koodo, and Public Mobile. That's my go-to-place for any screen repairs. I'm usually very careful so fingers crossed lol🤞

Prices seem to be a tad high there. Only thing I don't like is they don't share the battery life remaining. Unless I missed it. There's also Second Cell Refurbished  or Costco Motorola-g-play-32-gb-unlocked-smartphone 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ipro31 - maybe selling refurbished phones was just another thing Public was not accomplishing successfully, or the resources to do so turned out not to be worth it. You never know, maybe one day they will again.

They still have the warranty and repair info. for those who had purchased from Public: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

They did, indeed @ipro31 

It was a rather quiet 'exit' from that market.

Personally, one of my folks purchased one a year or so ago, it was a solid device at a reasonable price.

It's kinda too bad they got out of it, however I'll admit being a bit surprised they ever got into it in the first place.

Back to basis, i guess.

HALIMACS_0-1676420001604.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ipro31  Yes unfortunately they removed option . But you can still get used phones at good prices from Mobille klinik 

Need Help? Let's chat.