cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately trying to cancel account - nothing but frustration

Evermerry_joke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been trying for days now to get my account cancelled.  I didn't know I had "completed" a subscription for phone service until I found I am being billed. I never received a confirmation message, an account number, or a phone number. I don't understand how I'm supposed to get the EversafeID for my account when I have to be sent a security code to a phone number I don't have.

I was advised to send my problem via Private Messages. Somehow got two threads going. One agent said nothing could be done and I should contact my credit card provider - it was my credit card provider who told me I had to contact Public Mobile to resolve the problem. 

In another thread I was asked for supplementary information to confirm my identity. I sent what I could, which was minimal because I have recieved virtually nothing from Public Mobility (see no confirmation email, no account or phone number, no Eversafe ID above).

Having done what I could, I find today that my tickets have been closed because I didn't respond within 24 hours. I am a senior with chronic health problems living on my own.  It has not been possible for me to go on the internet each day to respond.  

I am posting here because I am lost, frutrated and confused about how to get out of this trap. I'll certainly discourage anyone else from using Public Mobility. If this isn't sorted shortly, I'll have to cancel my credit card and get a new one (the one solution my bank offered), which can't be in Public Mobility's best interest.

13 REPLIES 13

@Evermerry_joke  I shared your message. I hope that you will receive help.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Evermerry_joke 

I would suggest sending a private message to the manager @J_PM  to see if they can resolve your problem. 

Evermerry_joke

This is not a question. I've given up trying to get help from Public Mobile agents.  It's a statement about the utterly useless "support" I've had from agents (four, at last count).  As I've stated here and in my posts to agents in private messages, I am being billed for a plan for which the application process was never (to my knowledge) completed. I received no confirmation notice, account number or phone number.  Couldn't complete the Eversafe ID process because the secrity code was being texted to my old landline number.  So, I've been paying for a service I can't use (no phone number), nor can I access the account to get my information, change the phone number (to get the security code), or cancel the subscription.

One agent seemed to be on the ball, but after I replied to her, the ticket was closed because I hadn't responded within 24 hours.  Senior with disabilities screwed for having migraine.

The fourth agent asked for information I'd included in the message he was replying to.  And the final result?  Not a message from an agent who had read the problem, but the automated instuctions to enter a 6-digit code sent to my old landline number that was the start of my problem back in January.  

I will block my credit card as others here have suggested.  Don't know if I can get back what I've already paid - credit card company said I had to deal with Public Mobile.  Hope there is somewhere (in Canada) where I can complain about this business.  

Evermerry_joke

I've been trying to. Several times.  Because I have health problems I can't always respond quickly and have had my tickets closed a couple of times without the problem being resolved. The current agent has asked me for information that I had already given him. I'll see what happens this evening - if I haven't been cut off again!

Evermerry_joke

I did contact my credit card company.  They said that I had subscribed and therefore they couldn't cancel my payments (let alone refund me). I was told I had to deal with Public Mobility to settle this. It's making me crazy - I did start the subscription process, I did give my credit card info, but I did NOT get past that stage - no account number, no phone number, no Eversafe ID (because that required a phone number which is what I was trying to get by subscribing), no confirmation message.  

Evermerry_joke

Not true, as my post explains. I did have a SIM card. I have been charged - twice, so far. I did NOT get an Eversafe ID. I did NOT get an account number, or a phone number, or a confirmation that I had subscribed. That's why I'm asking for help.

Evermerry_joke

I thought of trying the SIM card, but I can't find it. Needless to say, thinking I'd never completed the subscription process and having moved on to a different provider, I didn't worry about keeping the SIM card safe. (How does one keep them once they've been removed from their packet? They're so tiny!)

Evermerry_joke

I did request that, but apparently that thread - or ticket - was closed. At this point, I'm working on cancelation - I can't imagine the hurdles I'd have to go through to get a refund. As it is, I keep being asked the same questions /asked for account details I've never had. 

mc931

You can also request a chargeback for a product or service that you did request but did not receive.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Evermerry_joke 

Did you activate a physical SIM card or eSIM? 

If you "successfully" activate your account, you might be able to access your account via 2FA email confirmation (instead of text).  When you get the text confirmation, there should be a "did not receive code" option.  Then it should give you the option to send via email.  

image.pngimage.png

If you can access your account, then you can turn off preauthorized payments. 

Besides cancelling your credit card or changing the number, day before your next payment date, you could "suspend" your credit card and when Public mobile fails to withdraw money, your account will be suspended. Once suspended more than 90 days, then your account will be permanently closed. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Evermerry_joke 

You will only be charge when you activated your SIM or eSIM. During the activation process, you would have created an Eversafe ID account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Evermerry_joke 

if Public Mobile will not work with you, which they absolutely must, request a chargeback from your credit card provider under the position that you did not request service from Public Mobile nor will they further work with you to that end.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Evermerry_joke 

so, have you been working with support already? I think he's to message them again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.